Ch. 16 - Laser Tag & Panic Attacks

JOSHUA HAS BEEN ACTING WEIRD all night

JOSHUA HAS BEEN ACTING WEIRD all night. To everybody else, he seems like he's fine, but I know something is off. He doesn't seem okay, and I don't know why.

"It's okay, Brent! You'll get the next one," Campbell exclaimed, cheering on her husband, Brent who just missed all the pins.

We already went and ate dinner, and now we are at the bowling alley.

Brent smiled, sheepishly, at her with a faint blush on his cheeks. He grabbed another bowling ball before rolling again. This time, the ball hit six pins, and Campbell cheered.

"Good job, Brent," Joshua said as his arm wrapped around below my shoulders.

I looked over at him, and his eyes were focused on the game. He was dressed in black ripped jeans and a black shirt to match. His hair was tousled like he ran his fingers through it multiple times.

I would love to run my fingers through his soft brown locks.

His fingertips started moving up and down, gently, my arm, causing goosebumps. Joshua smirked, and he looked over at me.

"Annie, take a picture. It will last longer," he said, making my cheek blush.

I looked away, embarrassed that he saw me checking him out. Joshua's hand grabbed my chin, gently, and he made me turn my head.

His eyes stared deep into mine, and I feel like I can feel his stare in my bones.

"Don't ever be embarrassed around me. I check you out all the time when you aren't looking," he says with a half smile.

I raised an eyebrow,"Really?"

Joshua nodded,"How could I not? You are the definition of beautiful."

I smiled, but it dropped when something caught my attention. I looked past Joshua to see Asher, Brooke, and a few of Asher's friends. The exact same friends that threw me to the curb as soon as we broke up.

My heart dropped to the bottom of my body, and Joshua noticed my reaction. He turned around to look, and he mumbled a couple of words under his breath.

"It's not a big deal. We can still have fun," I insisted, faking a smile to assure him I was fine.

"Brent, let go of me," I heard Campbell say so I turned to face them.

Campbell was standing up, and Brent had her by the waist, holding her in place. Her eyes were glaring at Asher, and anger covered her facial expressions.

"I just want to talk to him, Brent, I promise. I won't hurt him, well, physically anyways," Campbell complained as she tried to wiggle her way free from Brent's grip.

"I'm not worried about you, Princess. But if that douchebag says or does something out of pocket to you or Leah, you will be bailing me out of jail tonight."