Epilogue

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

"DON'T YOU DARE, XAVIER," Vanessa threatened her boyfriend as he picked her up and threw themselves into the pool. I laughed as they both came up for air.

It was finally summer, and our friend group was hanging out, having a pool day. Xavier and Vanessa were now in the pool while Jake and his girlfriend of four months, Avery, were eating some chips while they dipped their feet into the water.

Things have been going well over the last eight months. Joshua and I both started therapy, and Joshua has a job at a mechanic shop. He really loves it, and he was thinking about going and getting his business degree and opening his own shop after he graduated high school. I finally got to play soccer in the spring, and we ended up winning the championship.

Xavier and Vanessa have been happily together for the past eight months, and they are adorable together. Vanessa and I are closer now, but we are still working on our friendship every day. Jake finally met somebody that actually cares about him. Avery is an angel, and Vanessa and I became friends with her as soon as we met her. Avery cares so much for Jake, and vice versa. Everybody is finally happy and enjoying every moment life has to give.

I was laying in a chair with Joshua, basically laying on him. I was laying my head on his chest while he ran his hand up and down my side in comfort. I glanced up at him, and every time I look at him, I can't believe how much hotter Joshua has become over the last couple months.

He had his sunglasses on, and his hair was still drying from being in the pool. He was only in swimming trunks, leaving his chest and torso bare. His skin was now tanner than in the winter months due to being out in the sun everyday. 

And he was all mine.

"Keep looking at me like that, and we're gonna have to leave the party," he whispered down to me, making me instantly melt inside.

"I wouldn't mind," I muttered back with a smirk.

"Well, I'll make you a deal," he whispered in my ear, causing goosebumps to appear on my arms and legs.

"I'm listening."

"You take this cover up off and get into the pool, and we can leave for a few minutes," he proposed before kissing my cheek.

Instantly, I rolled my eyes at his try to get me out of the cover up that I had on since we came outside. That was two hours ago.

It's not that I'm ashamed of my body. I'm really not. It's the scars,however, that make me feel insecure. I bought a black one piece for pool days such as this one that will cover my entire stomach, but I accidentally threw it in with my clothes, and it shrunk. So now I'm stuck in a plain, navy blue two piece that shows up my scars. Especially my stab scar on my stomach which is huge due to the stitches and healing.