Ch. 24 - Distractions & Sketches

MY MIND WAS RUNNING A HUNDRED miles per minute as I stepped into the school Monday morning

Everybody was in the hall, talking about their weekends. Everybody seemed so happy, yet here I am sad and angry from what happened this weekend.

Why can't I just have a normal weekend like the rest of them?

But no, instead I get kidnapped, almost raped, and then found out my best friend and ex boyfriend lost both of their virginities together.

Isn't life just wonderful?

Joshua walked right beside me as I walked to my locker. I haven't said much to him today, but not because of what happened this weekend.

But because he told me he loves me.

I am so confused. Joshua always seemed like he hated me for years, yet he's in love with me? How does that make any sense?

And then there is the fact that we kissed...a lot. Like does that mean we are actually dating now?

"Hey, Leah," somebody called my name once I reached my locker.

I turned to see that it was Stefan, vice president of the student body. I smiled at him, causing Joshua to stiffen up next to me.

"Hey, Stefan. What's up?" I asked him before opening my locker.

Stefan glanced at Joshua behind me before looking back at me.

"Uhm, just wanted to remind you that the homecoming dance meeting is today after school. I know you have a lot on your plate right now so just a friendly reminder," Stefan explained with a small smile.

Oh shit.

I totally forgot about the meeting. And this was a huge meeting. I'm suppose to have the theme idea and ideas for the homecoming days ready.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Oh don't worry, I totally remembered. Thank you, though, for reminding me. You're a good friend," I replied with a fake smile.

"Alrighty then! I'll see you in the meeting!" Stefan said, with a huge grin, before walking away.

As soon as he was out of my sight, I dropped my smile. I'm not going to freak out. I'll come up with some ideas, and they'll change them which is fine with me.

"And here I thought you hate liars," Joshua commented from beside me.

I took my books out of my locker before shutting it. I looked over at Joshua to see him leaning against the lockers.

"I didn't lie," I lied once more, making him smirk.

"You forget I can read you like an open book," he replied before adding,"Nice try, though."

"I extended the truth," I retorted,"I have some ideas....in my mind, but they'll be ready by 3:00."

Joshua didn't believe me. "Okay, then, let's hear some of these ideas. I would love to put my opinion in since I'm going to have to go."