Chapter 31. X Factor, here we come.

Hi guys! I just wanted to say I am so freaking sorry I've been absolutely hopeless with this story. I haven't been updating... like, at all. I've sort of lost heart :/ but I thought I'd get back into this because I have some good ideas for the ending (which, is very soon!). Please please pleaaaaase don't give up on me! :) haha. Thank you for everyone that's bared with me for the last... year? haha. Anyway, this chapter is very short and not much happens, but the next one will have more going on :) Enjoy! Love you guys xx

 ______________________________________________________

The brisk wind blows back my tangled hair as we finally step off platform 2 and make our way towards the city.

What the hell happened to Summer?

A wave of nausea overcomes my body and my head starts spinning, I would've spun around and fell on the floor if it wasn't for Harry's arm wrapped securely around my waist. I hate trains.

"Brookie?"

I'm now humming along to the music playing on my iPod; it's all I can do to take my mind off the stomach twisting, head spinning and nerves. Music helps me focus.

I can see Harry looking at me from the corner of my eye and I'd almost forgotten he'd even said my name. Somehow I think my brain's functions are reversed today.

"Yes?" I say, not taking my earphones out nor pressing pause on my iPod, but looking straight ahead.

"What's wrong?" 

Oh, nothing! I just feel physically sick, it feels as though I'm going to pass out at any minute, I am so glad you're not holding my hand at this second because my pores are sweating fountains and I'm pretty sure the fact my ex isn't answering his phone is just the icing on the cake for me. You?

"Nothing," I say defiantly. 

I can still feel Harry's eyes on me even when we're out of the train station and we've reached the high-street. It's just as I'd memorized it.

The windows along Main Street in the town glows with welcoming warmth. Even with the cold, the streets are bustling, pairs of ladies stolling the pavements, popping into shops as tiny bells tinkle overhead. Old-fashioned lamp-posts stand every 10 meters you walk and even Paris couldn't top the vintage boutiques, jewelers, salons and bakeries they have here. 

A woman in a black suit whisks the priceless jewelry out of the display window of one store as I pass by, getting ready to close up for the evening. She catches my eye and smiles quizically, probably amused by the odd sight of a teenager gawking through every shop window she sees. I duck my head and keep walking toward Manchester Central.

"Shame everything's closing now..." I say.

Harry chuckles and shakes his head slightly. "No more shopping for you, missy."

I honestly want to protest, but I'm beyond happy with what Harry had already bought me and I'm suprisingly itching to try on my new dress and heels.

The clouds lingering above us are even more eerie and dark now, making our pace quicken, desperate to arrive before it begins raining again, and once we've passed all the shops and salons and luxurious hotels... the nausea is back again. 

"Here we are," Harry says, squeezing my hand. "X Factor, here we come."