Chapter 28. Topshop.

"What's the point in getting two dresses when I'm only going to wear one?" I question Harry, holding the two dresses frustratingly in my hands.

"BECAUSE Brooklyn, if you decide that you don't like that one, you can wear that one."

"But I like both of them..." I admit.

"Exactly!"

I groan. "Harry I'm already holding shoes, jewellery, hair accessories, bras and underwear... I seriously don't think I can afford anything else."

"And that Brookie," he says, taking the dresses from me, putting them in the basket of clothes and putting it on the counter. "is why I'm buying it."

"No... I'm getting it." I say, taking out my purse.

"It'll be your birthday treat."

"You've already treated me to enough."

Harry gets out his wallet from his back pocket and I quickly snatch it out of his hand. "I won't let you!"

"Already did." he says, giving a 100 pound note he already had in his hand to the lady at the cashier. 

I frown at Harry and he smiles mischievously.

WHY does he always have to win?

We walk out of Topshop and it's fortunately stopped raining. Dark clouds are still mingling close above our heads, but my gut says it wont rain until we reach Subway to get something to eat. Or I'm just hoping it wont rain. 

I ignore Harry when he asks me if I'm hungry... and when he winds me up by asking if I wanted a handbag he just saw in the shop... and when he offers to carry a bag... aaand when he says if I don't say something he'll drop the bags, pin me to the floor and tickle me to death. 

"Oh c'moooon Brookie, just thank me for the shopping and get over it." he says.

"Thank you, and no I won't get over it." I say.

I'm not being overparticular, it's just me. I don't like it when people don't offer to pay things for me and just do it, especially Harry. I'm not worried that I have to repay him, it just annoys me.

Oh, I don't know.

Harry looks at me in a way to say he wants a reason, so I confess.

"You've already done so much for me... the ticket, the ride here, the hotel... and now the shopping. You didn't have to do this."

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to."

Harry smiles. It's that smile that has "Ha! I won" written all over it. 

"You didn't have to want to." I retort.

"But what if I wanted to want to?"

I raise my eyebrows at him. He smiles cheekily, and it takes all of the possible physical ability I have to spurn the urge to poke his right dimple.

I smile back resentfully and Harry swaps one of the bags into his other hand and slides his arm around my waist.

"So smug..." I mutter. 

I hear Harry chuckle lightly under his breath, and he only pulls me in closer.