Chapter 15. The park.

-Harry's POV-

I'm at the local park with the boys playing some football and chilling to celebrate the sun finally making its way out from behind the clouds. 

I slump down on the grass under a tree, out of breath, I grab my water bottle and gulp it down and then pour the rest on my face and some on my hand and wet the back of my neck.

"That was such a foul Harry, you practically kicked me in the balls." Haydn says, still holding his hands over his privates, just in case one of the boys decide to whack them again.

"What are you on about? The ball was in the air and I went to shoot but your fat arse was in the way." I say, trying not to laugh.

"You mean balls." Nick says, still laughing his head off. "Your face was priceless!"

"It still is," I say chuckling.

"Oh shut it will you." Haydn says grumpily, sitting cross-legged in front of Nick.

"Don't be such a wuss!" Will says, shoving his shoulder before slumping down next to be and grabbing the nearly empty water bottle from me and drinking the last of it.

We chill out under the tree for the rest of the morning, occasionally getting up to cross the road to the corner shop to get some drinks or using the bathroom in the pub.

"How about a rematch?" Will asks when he returns with 10 bottles of Monster drinks and crisps.

"Nah." Nick says. "Haydn will though, won't you bud?" Nick says, holding the football in front of Haydn's face and giving him a wink.

"You're fucking evil you know that?" Haydn says, getting up and snatching the ball from Nick.

Nick just chuckles.

Will takes a slirp of his drink before putting the junk food on the ground and following Haydn to the pitch a few feet away.

"So have you spoken to Brooklyn yet?" Nick asks when the boys are gone.

My stomach twists slightly at the sound of her name.

"No... not yet. Hayley spoke to her and she told me she doesn't want to talk to me."

"So? Just go round there."

The thing about Nick is, even though he may seem cocky and tough sometimes, deep down, he does care. He's the sort of mate that would laugh at you if you were drunk and fell over and broke your arm, but he'd also be the mate sitting next to you in hospital for hours, telling you what an idiot you are. (Not that this happened. Cough.) He's one of my best mates and I can't fault him really.

"Nah," I shake my head "I can't do that."

"What's the worst that can happen?" 

I think about it for a moment. "I just want to give her space, I don't know..."

"Mate don't lie, if you could you'd be round her house right now." Nick says, pointing in the direction of her house.

I nod. "Yeah..."

"You really like her, don't you?" 

My stomach turns.

I look up at Nick, who's smirking at me. 

"Well, yeah..."

"Why don't you just go for it?" he says, like it's nothing.

"She has a boyfriend..."

"Oh yeah. That douchebag, Dougie, isn't it?"

"Yeah..."

"I'd still go for it, though...·

"Are you joking? He nearly killed me the other night when I was with her. Pissed out of his head again." 

"Josh isn't that different either." Nick says.

"Really?" I say, inquisitively.

"Yeah, well, they're best mates aren't they?" 

"Why's Josh the same?"

"Apparently he got pissed one night and shagged that blonde chick that's all over you 24/7 in Science class."

"Georgia?! Seriously?"

"Yeah... shame really, she was hot."

I snort. "She was desperate, that's what she was."

Nick lets out a short laugh. "Yeah."

"What an idiot... poor Hayley. She's going to be devastated when she finds out..." I say, thinking about how sad she seemed when I saw her yesterday.

"Mhmm." Nick says, not really listening.

"Should I tell her?" I ask.

"Tell who what?" he asks, zoning back in.

"Tell Hayley he's cheating on her."

Nick frowns and shakes his head. "I wouldn't get involved."

"Hmmm, I guess." I say.

I lean back on the grass and stare up at the sky.

"What you getting Brooklyn for her Birthday? It's tomorrow, isn't it?"

"Yeah. I don't know, you?"

"I got her a 20 pound voucher from a clothes shop, can't remember which one."

I scoff. "Cool."

"What? My sister gave it to me. I'm broke, what else can I get her?"

"True, okay, okay."

"Is she even doing anything for her birthday?" Nick asks, leaning his back on the tree.

Even if she was doing anything she wouldn't invite me anyway....

"I don't know... I'm gonna go." I say, standing up.

"Already?"

"Nick we've been here all morning." I say.

"Yeah, alright. Tell me what's going on after, okay?" he says, walking off towards the boys who are still playing football.

"Yeah. Later boys!" I call over to Haydn and Will and then make my out of the park.

Once I'm out of sight from the boys, I take out my phone from my pocket and scroll down until I reach the person I want to talk to. I press green.

"Hey Harold, sup?" Hayley says after a few rings.

"Don't call me that."

"Shut up, I can call you what I want. Now what do you want?"

"I have an idea for Brooklyn's birthday..." I say, smiling to myself.

"Oh yeah? Tell me."