Chapter 8. Super Scooper.

"One lemon and strawberry for me and one After Eight and Ferrero Rocher for little Brookie here." Harry looks down at me, smiling.

"Stop dissing my height, Styles." I look up at him evilly.

He chuckles. "I know, Brookie, it's not your fault you were born an Umpa Lumpa."

I slap his arm. "Umpa Lumpa? I may be small but at least I'm not orange like your little blonde friend, Lindsay."

Extreme sarcastic understatement. I'm half the size of her.

Harry just smiles and pays the man once he's finished scooping about 6 lumps of ice cream and popping a colourful spoon into each of the large tubs. Harry thanks the man and takes the tubs and we sit down on the pink and blue leather seats at the round table next to the window.

We sit in silence for a minute, happily eating our ice cream and listening to Rihanna on the radio. I look up at Harry, he's looking out the window at the busy high street in deep thought.

"What are you thinking?" I ask.

He shakes his head and continues to eat his ice cream.

"What?" I ask again.

He looks at me solemnly, his green eyes boring into mine.

"Just... Hayley." he says.

I nod.

"You know, I knew he was up to something." he says.

I nod again.

Stating the obvious, he's referring to Josh.

"Bet Dougie knew." he says after a few moments.

I shift in my seat uncomfortably, despite how comfortable the seats are.

"This has nothing to do with him." I say, defensively.

"They're best friends." he says.

"So? Harry, not everything villainous and disreputable has something to do with Dougie."

He looks down, biting his lip.

"I know, I'm sorry... I'm just worried about her."

"I know, me too."

There's silence for a few minutes, before Harry asks, "Wanna go to the park and finish these?" He holds up his tub.

"Okay." I say.

We get up from the table and Harry opens the door for me and make our way to the park.