d r o p 1

happy birthday, ggukie

happy birthday, ggukie. the first chapter on his birthday♡

-

"And... Out!"

The sound of applause started to fill the space of the huge stadium as the tennis professional player got another point that was his last point before he got the champion title for The Annual Asian Tennis Championship.

"Congratulations to Jeon Jungkook that successfully grabs the title of a champion for The Annual Asian Tennis Championship this year!"

The sound of cheering was getting even louder when the name of the professional player was called by the announcer that resulted in the player with a given name Jeon Jungkook smiled widely.

He started to bow respectfully to all of the audiences as a thank you for them that keep cheering and supporting him until he won this championship.

Jungkook started to walk towards the chair where his belongings were placed at and he could see his coach was already waiting eagerly for him outside of the court. His coach threw cold mineral water and he quickly caught it with a proud smile plastered on his lips.

"Congrats, Kook. I know you can do it."

"Well, look who's his coach." Jungkook wiggled his eyebrows two times, teasing his coach that was already smiling sheepishly while rubbing the nape of his neck.

Kim Namjoon. The coach had been trained him for almost three years until he was able to set foot on the national stage. Still, he hasn't forgotten how he insisted on making Namjoon his coach three years ago.

"Dinner?" Namjoon asked and Jungkook, who had just taken a sip of his cold mineral water, immediately shook his head with his puffy cheeks full of water.

"Sorry. I have a group meeting at the college. I can't skip this." Jungkook replied right after he gulped the water that was in his mouth earlier.

"Greedy ass kid. You already got the title of best player but still persistent to keep that title of the best student too?" Namjoon teased Jungkook who was only smiling while his hands were busy grabbing all of his things to put them in his bag.

"You know how my mother, right? I don't wanna die at such a young age if I let my performance in college is getting worst. My mother will literally kill me." Jungkook rolled his eyes while Namjoon already snorting as he knew about Jungkook's situation.

Being a 'Best Player' doesn't give Jungkook a shortcut to not maintaining his performance as a dean's student each semester at his college. His life in his family that places great emphasis on academic performance makes him try his best to stabilize the performance of his favorite sport as well as his academic performance.

"It's okay. Next time then." Namjoon said as Jungkook nodded in understanding.

-

"Baa!"

Dush!

As a reflex, the woman's elbow that was startled by her twin continued to hit right on her twin's nose until the man's groaning started to echo throughout the library.

The woman then smacked the back of his head in frustration. Both of them just ignored the weird stares given by people that were also in the library at that time.

"Can you just let me live in peace? You always know how to piss me off." The woman clicked her tongue in annoyance while her twin brother just grinned while rubbing the back of his head.

"Damn. You sure are getting stronger. I think my brain has stopped functioning by now." Her twin brother groaned.

"Who ask you to disturb me, hm? That's what you get. And, what are you doing here?"

"Well, just wanna mess with you." He grinned like an idiot and the woman just rolled her eyes before she plugged the AirPods into her ears again and started to read the book that she was holding right now.

Her twin brother that was just sat on the chair beside her, put his chin on hi palm while his elbow was on the table to support his head, looking at his twin.

"You have lived for hundreds of years but still being a nerd. Are you not getting bored?" He asked and the woman looked at him by the corner of her eyes before her eyes glued back on the book.

"I learned different things every 50 years. At least, I spend my free time learning something new, not like you." She replied without looking at him before he then clicked his tongue.

"Tch. Well, at least, I have been an athlete in my favorite sport now. Not like you. Dedicating your whole life to the academic world."

"Just let me be. I'm just curious to know the origin of our kind." She said with her eyes still focusing on the book.

"You said you learn different things every 50 years but from what I observe, you have learned about this since you are still a child up until now." Her twin brother replied to her in disbelief.

"Shut up, Sim Jaeyun." She glared at him before he looked at her in amusement.

"Damn, Maria. It's been a while since I hear that name."

"Well, we are back in Korea. So, it's not wrong to use our Korean name back, right?" The woman who was called as Maria shrugged.

"So, what do I need to call you then? Sim Haeyun?"

Maria just rolled her eyes, yet again, before she started to focus on her work again. Out of a sudden, Maria started to get a message that caused her to quickly check on her phone while being watched by his twin.

"Damn, we are already late for our dinner. I don't wanna get lecture by our mom again!"

Maria immediately tidied up her desk and then she quickly walked towards the library counter before the book she was studying was placed on the counter. Steps were made towards the exit in a hurry before she bumped onto someone and almost tripped on the floor. But, fortunately, she was saved by the person that she bumped to as he grabbed her by the waist.

Inadvertently, the scent from the man was inhaled by Maria which made the girl immediately pulled her hand out of the man's grip while stabilizing herself from being pulled by gravity.

"Are you okay, miss?"

Without replying to the man's question, Maria, at the speed of light, quickly walked past him, leaving him that stared at her in confusion.