d r o p 3

-

-

The door of the mansion finally opened, revealing Yoongi behind it. He had messy hair with him while he rubbed his eye with his other eye was left opened a little to look who's behind the door that knocked his damn door non-stop. He was glad that his door did not collapse at this point.

"What the hell, Maria? What do you want, knocking on my door like it was the end of the world?" Yoongi groaned in annoyance since he really pissed when someone disturbing his sleep.

Maria, without answering Yoongi's question, quickly walked past him at a fast pace and she found herself a seat on the couch in the living room. Yoongi that was in the doorway rolled his eyes and closed the door of his mansion back before he followed Maria's steps towards the living room.

"He's a Jeon." Maria suddenly spatted out the words that she had been dying to tell her best friend. That also became the reason why she dashed out from her college to his place.

"Huh? What?" Yoongi that just sat in front of her quirked his eyebrows, trying to make her repeat to confirm what he just heard was right.

"That human. He's one of the Jeon." Maria repeated before she sighed heavily.

"How do you know that?" Yoongi asked, making Maria quickly inhaled a sharp breathe, slowly losing patience of why her best friend asked her something so stupid.

"I asked for his name, obviously, duh." She smiled sarcastically to him as he nodded his head slowly while letting out an 'aaa' as a response.

"Then, I feel bad for you." He said again, resulting in Maria groaning in frustration as she stomped her feet on the floor.

"Argh. What did I do wrong for the universe to do dirty on me like this?"

"Look at the bright side, Maria. You can fix both parties' mentality about vampires and the Jeon. It's your dream, right? To leave in a world where there's no war between humans and vampires." Yoongi crossed his legs while also crossing his arms on his chest, looking at his poor best friend.

"You are right." Maria looked like she was enlightened up about that fact before she sighed again. "But, how? What if he's also the same as his family?"

"That's you who need to figure that out. Did you already taste his blood?" Yoongi shrugged, throwing his eyes towards the staircase once he saw the figure of his girlfriend appeared from there. Maria was about to answer Yoongi but Yumi then walked into the living room.

"Hey, babe." Yumi sat on the couch's armrest as she pecked Yoongi's lips before she threw her gaze to Maria. "Hi, Maria. What's happening here?"

"Hi, Yumi." Maria greeted Yoongi's girlfriend before Yoongi asked her again.

"So, how?"

"That's the other thing. I just could ask for his name because for some odd reasons, I suddenly become a stuttering mess when I confront him." Maria's shoulders dropped, showing that she's tired of this craving thing that she needed to endure at that moment.

It's such a relief that her parents did not figure about these odd things that happened to her yet. That's why she needs to figure this out first.

"Wow. Earlier than I expected." Yoongi mumbled under his breath, quietly but still audible for Maria to hear that. Yumi, on the other hand, just chuckled after she heard Yoongi's response.

"What?" Maria frowned at the saying but Yoongi just shrugged as he shortly replied.

"Nothing."

-

Maria got into her family's mansion as she walked straight to her room upstairs. Her parents were not home, probably having some works outside. They will have their usual dinner about an hour and a half more so, she had a few more times to relax and drink some bags of blood from the fridge to lessen the thirst she was feeling at that time. Even if it's just for a very short period but that was the least she could do right now.

Dinner was nothing but boring as hell, like usual. They will ask about her college and stuffs like that. Once the dinner was done, her parents went out again to where she also could not figure out as she could care less about that right now.

She then decided to take a cold shower, staying a few minutes in the bathtub and once she stepped out from the bathtub, she quickly grabbed the bathrobe that hung on the glass wall by the side of the bathtub. She slid into the bathrobe to covered her naked body and stepped towards the front of the mirror. She looked at herself before she cleared her throat that suddenly felt dried.

"Fuck. Not again." She groaned as she finished tied the bathrobe up and quickly walked out from the bathroom and brought herself out from her room to the kitchen downstairs.

"Mom would be asking if she saw how all the blood bags have gone in such a short period. Looks like I need to hunt again tonight." Maria mumbled alone as she grabbed a bag of blood out from the fridge and brought them upstairs while gulping down the blood from the bag.

Before she went into her room, she halted her steps as her eyes glued on a door that was placed not far from her door's room. She was contemplating whether she wanted to go there or not but then, she decided to just go into that said room as she remembered the conversation she had with Yoongi this evening.

Once she stepped into the room, she made her way towards the bookshelf that was on her right. She pushed one of the books on the shelf and as a reflex to the movement of the book on it, the shelf was parted into two where the left part was moving forward a little bit.

She pushed the moved shelf more and stepped into the secret area behind those bookshelves. She was greeted by the dim light as the bright light from the previous room was gone once she pushed the shelf back to its place.

It's just a small cozy room with a bed, two chairs on each side of the bed, and someone. Someone who was lying on the bed, with his eyes closed, sleeping peacefully.

Maria smiled bitterly at the sight that came into her vision before she brought her feet towards the bed. She sat on the chair by the left side of the bed and slowly, she slid her hands under that person's right hand and gripped them, firmly, while caressing them gently. She looked at him, lovingly before she took a sharp breath as she licked her chapped lips.

"I'm scared." She started to talk, with eyes still glued on the guy's pale face.

"What am I gonna do if I really crave for him? If he's really meant to be my mate?" She held her breath for a while before letting them out, slowly. Her eyes were trembling as from time to time, she would bring her eyes up to contain her tears.

"Why do these complicated things happened to me? Why do I need to bump onto him?" Her voice cracked at the end of it and she, yet again, licked her lips.

"And, he's a Jeon." She said again after a few seconds letting herself drown in the silence of that room.

"He's one of them. The leader of vampire hunters." Maria then closed her eyes, tightly, as a vision of some parts of her memories that she wished to not remember started to come crashing into her mind.

The sound of gunshots and screams knocked her eardrums as if she was in that situation, again. She flicked her eyes open as the peak of that day approaching, feeling her heart clenched at the sudden thought.

She looked over to the guy that was also her other half as she gulped some of her saliva that was left in her mouth, letting a few tears fell from her tear ducts. She then opened her mouth back to talk again.

"The same one that...tried to kill you, Jake."