d r o p 21

-

-

Yuna climbed out of the taxi that stopped in front of the gate of Sim's property. Yuna paid the fee to the driver before she closed the door and looked at the taxi drove away from the property that was placed almost out from the town.

She huffed a breath out from her mouth before she turned her heels to face the gate of the property as she walked in using a small gate that was placed beside the huge entrance gate.

Once her steps stopped in front of the main door, she took out her phone from her shoulder bag as she messaged someone.

yuna
hey, kook
i'm here

She put the phone back into the back and a few seconds later, the main door was opened widely as Jungkook revealed behind it with Maria. They smiled at her as she did the same and bowed as a greeting to the both of them.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey. Come in." Jungkook stepped aside and was followed by Maria. Yuna just nodded and walked inside as the couple closed the door behind them.

"By the way, Yuna. My parents want to meet you since last week, they were out of the town for business." Maria immediately said when she was reminded of her parents' wish.

"Oh. Okay. Where are they now?"

"Just come have lunch with us. They are already at the dining table. They obviously would welcome you if you join."

"Sure then." Yuna bopped her head in agreement before they went towards the dining room. She could see the said parents were already on their seats as they lifted their eye level and met with hers.

"Oh, Yuna?" Yuna flashed them a sweet smile as the wife stood up and immediately pulled her into a warm embrace.

"It's been so long since we last meet. Jake must be so happy when you came back." Maria's mother said in a motherly manner and that melted Yuna's heart as she smiled and hugged her back.

"I miss you, mom," Yuna said, using the same name she used to call her 10 years ago. They finally pulled away from each other and then, getting ready to eat their dinner.

"So, Yuna. How's life treating you?" Maria's father asked while they ate their meals and that question caused some flashbacks to came into her mind as she smiled bitterly.

10 years ago.

"Why are you doing that?! You said you won't kill him if I break up with him! Then, why?!" Yuna dropped her body onto the floor as she cried her eyes out, still could remember how blood started to spurt out from the gunshot wound on his body and his body collapsed onto the cold ground. She did not even get the chance to hug him for the last time and it's all because of her family!

"We did this for you! You will never be safe living with that monster!"

"Fuck off! You know nothing about them! I'd rather live like a vampire who knows how to appreciate and respect other kinds than to be with you!" Her bloodshot eyes glared at the couple as she woke up from the floor and spit towards them.

"Jeon Yuna!" She locked herself in her room and cried into her sleep leaning on the door as she slept on the floor.

It's already almost a week and she did not even try to get out of her room. She was looking like a living corpse, lying almost lifeless on her bed.

She's tired of fighting with her uncle and her aunt.

She's tired of crying over her boyfriend who was already gone forever.

And, she's tired of blaming herself for what happened to her boyfriend.

She then decided to do something to help herself heal from that incident. She needed some time for herself. She tapped the bed as she tried to reach out for her phone. Once she felt her phone in her hand, she grabbed them and brought them in front of her face before she sent someone a few texts.

yuna
kook
can you tell uncle that i will
move there with you guys?

jungkook
why?
is not you want to stay in
korea because your bf was there?

yuna
just tell him that
i will tell you everything when
i'm there
thanks

Yuna turned off her phone back and she heard a few pings from her phone but just ignored them. She closed her eyes, feeling her body sore and weak as she did not eat anything for almost a week. Glad that she got a few bottles of mineral water to help her stay hydrated, at least.

And, that's how she ended up in the States with her uncle who lived alone there, and Jungkook who was also there, attending the boarding school there. She told Jungkook everything about what happened since Jungkook was her closest cousin and also her best friend. And, Jungkook was also the one who helped her heal for years when he was there.

10 years later, she finally came here again when she trusted that she was already healed completely. She still remembered Jake and will forever will. She even went to a few places that she and Jake usually date together and even the places they dreamt to go there together. And, the indoor garden where she met with Maria and Jungkook was the place they dreamt to be there once for their date.

Present.

Yuna sat on the chair beside Jake's bed as she put her bag on the floor, leaned them onto the wall. She turned to look at her boyfriend as she flashed him a wide smile. She caressed his face and kissed his forehead, lovingly.

"Hey, Jakie. How are you today? You miss me, hm?" Yuna asked as if she was talking to him. She chuckled a little before she took out something from her bag, a journal.

For 10 years, she has been writing this journal since Jungkook did some research and said that writing a journal about the person we long for with helping us with the pain from the death of our loved ones. And, surprisingly, it was.

She turned into a new page as she took out the pen that was in that journal as she did her usual, writing the journal about how was her day and how she has been doing right now. She will write this journal mostly on weekends or anytime she feels like writing them.

While she was writing them, she noticed some movement from the side of the bed where his hand was as she frowned. She lifted her head and looked at his hand before she widened her eyes when she saw the movement came from one of his fingers.

"Jake? Jakie? Can you hear me?" Yuna quickly put the journal by the side of the bed and stood up as she pressed the red button at the top of the bed on the wall that was used for emergencies.

Her eyes were already trembling as she grabbed his hand and held them firmly, hoping that their wish for him to wake up come true this time. She then saw his eyes fluttered as he tried to open them and she let out a sob once she was sure that Jake already woke up from his coma. 

"Oh my God, love!" Yuna hugged him that was still laying on the bed, unmoving. "I'm so sorry for what happened. It's all my fault. I'm sorry, Jakie. I- I'm so sorry."

I know it, Yuna. I know you will never do that to me. Stop blaming yourself. I love you and it's hurt to see you cry.