Chapter 8

Shen Wei saw Sang is pulled by the wild ghosts towards the pillar of nature inside that cave while Wang tried to get Sang as she came out from Zhao Yunlan's watch. Zhao Yunlan failed to pull back Wang when the wild ghosts pulled Wang as well to the inside of that cave.

''Wang Zheng! Sang Zhan!'' Zhao Yunlan shouted with worry.

''Yunlan, stay here with them all. I will clear the path to the inside of cave,'' Shen Wei said as she pulled Zhao Yunlan to not enter that cave which now full of the wild ghosts.

''No, Xiao Wei! You will be killed. They are too many!'' Zhao Yunlan tried to prevent.

''I will be fine. Just stay here and protect my teammates with your staffs! You can't defeat them, the wild ghost without my blade!'' Shen Wei told with her assurance and she quickly releases her blade from her knife that she pulled out from her sling bag.

''Chief, follow his words! We can't defeat the wild ghost without the ghosts hunter's blade,'' Chu interrupted to Zhao Yunlan.

Zhao Yunlan nods understand with his sighing in defeated to let go of Shen Wei into that cave alone. He ordered his staffs to protect the archeological teammates as requested by Shen Wei. Shen Wei on the other side keeps entering the cave with her long blade on her hand. The energy of ghost slayer is released from that blade caused the wild ghosts back away but still wanted to hurt Sang and Wang.

''Release them and I will send you all to the underground without killing you,'' Shen Wei requested with her assurance.

''You lie! You will kill us soon!'' one of the wild ghosts replied with his unsatisfied.

''I am not lying. I will do what I promise. If you didn't want to release them, I am sorry to kill you!'' Shen Wei warned.

Some of the wild ghosts back away as they didn't want to die but some of them tried to attack on Shen Wei while trying to hurt Sang and Wang. Both SID ghost staffs are screaming for the pain to feel the energy from pillar of nature that pulling their souls. Shen Wei sighs while trying to defend herself from those wild ghosts. She can't help to release her own energy and she moves faster to kill all the wild ghosts in that cave.

A few minutes later, she pulls back Sang and Wang from that pillar of nature and the other SID and archeological teams enter that cave. They are shocked to see that cave is emptied and freed now from those wild ghosts. But then, they are more shocked to see Shen Wei is kneeling on the ground while clenching her painful chest for the burden she holds to use all her energy to kill those wild ghosts.

''Xiao Wei! Wei! Prof. Shen!'' All of them shouted in shocked while reaching to Shen Wei at there.

''Xiao Wei, what's happened?'' Zhao Yunlan worryingly asked.

''Wei, are you exhausted?'' Chu also asked but more confident to see what was happened to his cousin.

Shen Wei nods to Chu. Before she can answer further, she falls unconscious in the arms of Zhao Yunlan, startling the others including the archeological teammates.

''He never being unconscious after he killed the wild ghosts back then. How can he is fainted now?'' Congbo worryingly said.

Zhao Yunlan looks at Chu for the answer.

''I guess it is because of your did, chief on yesterday. He maybe still tired for that and now he used all his energy to kill those wild ghosts. Why not we let him rest first before we continue our work to find that hallow?'' Chu said to Zhao Yunlan with his guess as he checked on Shen Wei that just fainted for the exhaustion.

Zhao Yunlan nods understand.

''Let's rest for now while waiting for Prof. Shen to wake up from his fainted,'' Zhao Yunlan ordered to all of them.