Chapter 11: Non Praeteribunt

P.O.V Lauren

I walked around the house calling her name louder and louder but no sign of her, it started to terrify me, I was already scared to open my eyes and not see Allyson sitting on the bed beside me or in the armchair with her legs crossed and her eyes focused on me with such sweetness.  Why the hell don't spirits have cell phones or some kind of long-distance contact?!  What the fuck!  I only had one option before I rushed out of the house.
I took my cell phone out of my pocket and clicked on the photo of the smiling young man with tanned skin, called twice until he answered.

- Lauren?

- Hi Bran, are you in the hospital?

- Oh yes, I arrived a few minutes ago.  Why?

- Allyson all right?

- Oh yeah... Is Lauren all right?  She looks a little flustered.

- It's nothing Bran, I was just worried about my little one.

- OK, see you today?

- Maybe not, I need to sort things out.

- All right, besos chica.

- Until...

I snorted angrily tossing my cell phone on the couch and started walking around the house impatiently.

- ALLYSON!  APPEARS DAMN!

I screamed and heard someone knocking on the door, it couldn't be her... I walked half staggering to the door and gave a forced smile to see Alexa a little sweaty and with flashy clothes like mini shorts, gray top and hair in a bun chilled out.

- Hello Alexa.

- Hi Lauren, is everything alright?

- This is it - That's what I said, but actually I wanted to say "No, it's not. Why? Because my ghost girlfriend left me without leaving a note" - Why wouldn't I be?

- I heard you scream and I was... worried.

- Don't worry, I was looking for my... Cat...

- Do you have a cat?  I can help you look, then I wanted to caress.

"If you find my cat, she'll scratch you all over. I guarantee you" I thought and gave a low laugh running my hands through my hair.

- All right, I think alone.  Have a good time.

When I was about to close the door, she put her foot between the door and the doorframe, she looked at me with a predatory look, like I was a steak and she was a hungry lioness.  Fuck...

- I always see you here, lonely... We could have a drink...

- I am not....

Before I could say anything else she pushed me into the house and closed the door, throwing me on the couch and climbing on top of me trying to kiss me unsuccessfully, until I saw those brown eyes beside me and I took a leap of faith. couch.

- Wow huh Lauren, I go out for a while and you do that?

Allyson said sitting at the small table in the living room with a serious expression.

- Not....

Alexa stared at me sitting on the couch.

- Not what Lauren?

Alexa asked staring at me confused, I gave a nervous smile and scratched the back of my neck.

- I can't Alexa.