Chapter 3: Persecuted

P.O.V Lauren

It had been days since the first and last time I saw that ghost girl, I took a long shower and wrapped myself in the towel, when I left there and looked in the mirror I saw her in the reflection.

- Oh!

- Still in my house?

- Girl leave me alone.

When I turned around she wasn't there anymore and I took a long breath, ignoring it and wearing a superhero samba song and a Batman shirt.  I sat on the couch with a glass of whiskey and turned on the TV, watched some series while drinking and when I realized I was already asleep in my bed.
When dawn came, I opened my eyes and was startled to see her sitting in the armchair in the bedroom.

- Damn girl!

- It looks like you saw a haunting.

- I am seeing.

- For me you're delusional, you should stop drinking.

- And you should stop haunting me.

- Accept the fact that this house is mine, I'll prove it.  Get this duvet.

I looked over to the side where the duvet was and took it, then glared at her.

- And?

- See, there's a little pink spot, it's from the syrup I accidentally drank and spilled.

- That doesn't prove anything.

- And that picture over there?

She stopped and looked at me nervously.

- Where's the photo that was there?

- There was no picture there when I arrived.

- Enough, I'll call the police.

She went to the desk phone and her hand went through the phone, my stomach froze at the sight of it.

- Like you...?

- What have you done to my phone?  I'll use the one in the living room.

I got up and followed her into the living room, she was still struggling with the phone trying to pick it up without success so she looked at me a little scared.

- What is happening?

- You are dead!

- I'm not!

I took two steps towards her and she took three steps back, staring at me, another small fright at seeing her body crossing the pale wooden table.

- Saw?!  It's dead!

- I will....

Before finishing the sentence she ran towards me and through the window.

- Goodbye...

I turned around and saw her with her arms crossed and a sarcastic smile.

- Won't get rid of me girl.

- Do you even know your name?

- My name is... - She looked to the side and smiled - Allyson

- Hey, you read that, in the mug over there.

- I know my name, okay.  The drunk here is you.  And what's your name?

- Lauren Jauregui, I would shake your hand but you are not real.

- Ridiculous that.

- I have to leave, feel free.

I went to a bookstore downtown and looked for books about ghosts and spirits, a guy came over and looked at me.

- Those books are good, but there are better ones.

- What do you know about it?

- A lot... I'm Robert.

- Lauren.

- Are you receiving visitors from beyond?

- Yes, I need to get rid of her.

- I will help.  I have everything you need.

He picked up several books and handed them to me, giving me a goofy smile.

- Good luck with the apparition.

- Thanks.

Leave the bookstore back home.  I sat cross-legged on the couch and began to recite some ancient rituals to get rid of spirits.

- Spirit?  Are you there?  Okay, my tea cup is wet and hot and I'm ready to dirty your little table.

- Don't you dare!

- Aha... I need to talk to you.

- About?

- Don't you think it's better to accept that you're no longer alive?

- And you could not accept that you invaded my house?

- I didn't break in, I paid the rent.  When was the last time you spoke to anyone besides me?

- Well... It was in...

- When you're not here at "Your house"... Where do you go?

- This is none of your business.

- Don't be rude, Allycat.

- Don't call me that girl.

I touched her shoulder and my hand went through her body, I completely shivered at that.

- You..

- Don't touch me, you stranger.

- Accept the fact that you're dead!  Go to white light!

- You won't get rid of me Lauren.  Either you leave my house or live with my presence.

Damn it!

I went to the shower and there she was staring at me in the mirror as I wrapped myself in the towel and shook out my wet hair, this was repeated while I ate dinner and drank, and today was the end of the series I followed and she kept babbling a very annoying thing and that took me seriously.
I called all kinds of anti-spirit contacts but none worked, there was no way out...