Chapter 23: Old Friends

P.O.V Lauren

Those days with Sophia at Ally's house were refreshing, it was good to have little Sophia with me again after being away for so long, she and Ally were getting along so well that I could feel Camila by my side smiling and not counting the dream I had with her last night....

"She was sitting on top of Dinah's piano with a mischievous smile, wearing light jeans, a white shirt, suspenders and her hair in two braids that fell over her shoulders.

- Why are you here?

I looked at her as she tapped a finger on the piano and smiled.

- I came to thank you.

- For what Camz?

- You did what I asked and a little more...

- I did not understand..

She called me with a finger and I approached, she hugged me tight and sighed in my neck inhaling my perfume.

- You moved on with your life, you're with Ally... And better yet, you and she are taking care of my sister.  I miss Sophia so much, could you kiss her for me?

- Of course...

- Mom is still the same grumpy right?  Daddy's tough on the outside and sweet on the inside... You look so beautiful.

- Camila...

I started to cry feeling the tears running down my cheeks and her catching each tear with her fingertips.

- My love, I didn't come to make you cry.  Just know that I'm with you always, and I'll smile whenever you're taking care of Sophia for me.  By the way, you did a great thing giving her my guitar... Teach her.

- I love you Camila

- I love you Lauren..."

I woke up a little sweaty that night and scared, crying, that was normal.  The pain and hole in my chest only increased.

Ally had the idea to take Sophia to a park, we had lunch at a Mexican restaurant, went to the beach, taught Sophia the basics to play the guitar and we had a great time.  The day I went to take Sophia to the Cabellos', Alejandro thanked her because, according to him, the little girl hadn't smiled like that in months.  Alejandro and I have become closer since then.

I had installed myself in charge of Imperium Jauregui's which made my father very proud seeing his "kingdom" being run by his three sons and his son-in-law, yes, I hired Mason that month to be our accountant.  Ally was at work again, saving lives at the hospital alongside Lea and Normani, the damn doctor was stuck as promised, everything was fine again.

I heard three knocks on my door and looked up to see Taylor's face come up with a friendly smile.

- Lauren, you have a visitor.

- Who would it be?

The door opened before Taylor could even respond and I saw that playful, jovial face emerge with a fabulous smile.

- Well, now I see why you didn't call me anymore.  Jauregay got rich!

- True!

The woman threw herself into my arms and held me tight against her body as Taylor laughed and walked out of the room.

- Forgot your friends, bitch?

- Not true.  She was kind of busy.

- Going into depression?