Chapter 4: Looking for answers

P.O.V Lauren

The next morning I called the person who still listened to me and was aware of what it was about.  Robert sat on my couch and looked at me sleepily.

- Rob, won't you do anything?

- What you want?  That I dance with her?

Ally looked at me and smiled wryly.

- Accept Lauren, for some dreadful reason only you see me so far.

- She's here, right?

- Wow that smart, why don't you throw him a little bone Lauren?

- Wow, what hostility.  This is no place for her Lauren, she has to go.

We looked at the boy together while I just watched the two talking, not knowing what to say.

- Okay he's good.

- I'm not leaving, this house is mine.

- No, she is connected to this house and staying here will only hurt you.

- I like this guy.

- Shut up Ally.

- Can you get me a coke?  I'm dead from thirst.

I grabbed a guarana from the fridge and handed it to him, which took in seconds and turned back to face me.

- Robert can get rid of this spirit?

- Honestly not... She's not dead, she's such a living spirit.  I think you will have to live with that.

- Like this?  Did you come here to tell me there's no way out?

- Sorry, but do you want some advice?  Let her go.

- I'm trying.

- I'm not talking about the spirit, I'm talking about the other one, the one you keep there in your little heart.

- You don't know what you're talking about.

- I know, or you get rid of this or you will die of loneliness.

Ally approached with a sardonic smile.

- Oh, that's it... You got a foot in the ass... That's why you came here.

- Shut up...

- She left you for a Russian?  Because Russians are sexy.

- I said shut the fuck up!  Don't get involved in it.  Robert you already know where the exit is.

- I'm sorry for this loss, Lauren.

I wiped the tears that insisted on falling and turned my back on them, going to the balcony of the house.

- Lauren?

I looked at her and she came closer looking at me in a way I had never seen before.

- What you want?  Have you come to piss me off or play in my face about how special you are?

- Don't be rude, want to share?

- Leave me in peace!

- Taking it out on me doesn't help.  What was the medium talking about?

- Her name was Camila...

- Camila?  Who was she?

-She was my wife.

I turned away from her before the tears began to fall again.
I locked myself in the bathroom and lifted the sleeves of my blouse showing the marks of my hurt and took the blade from the small mirror cabinet, I saw her sitting beside me with a sad look on her face.