Chapter 20: She's my Girlfriend

P.O.V Lauren

Brandon was still tense beside me in the car and I forced a smile at him, I couldn't tell what I was doing was crazy but it was for Ally.

I parked the car in front of the simple house and saw Brandon get even more tense, I needed to call a doctor or the guy would have a heart attack at any moment.

- Lauren, are you sure?  You don't know what he is like...

- I need to face him once and for all.

- I hope you don't come out of there in a coffin.

- Thanks for keeping me calm.

He chuckled softly and we got out of the car, walking slowly towards the plain wooden door, listening to Bran mutter something until it sounded like he was praying.... Bullshit.  After three rings on the doorbell, I saw a woman with Mexican features and a narrow smile look me up and down, those familiar features. It was definitely Ally's mother.

- Mrs. Hernandez?

- Yes?

Brandon kept hidden beside me out of his mother's field of vision.

- I need to talk to you and your husband, my name is Lauren Jauregui.

I held out my hand and the woman hesitated before taking it.

- Look here... I don't want to buy anything and we don't owe anyone.

Brandon came into the mother's field of vision and I saw the boy smile

- Mommy...

- Brandon, my love!

The boy hugged his mother tightly and I watched the tough woman transform into a hospitable big mom.

- Mom.  I ask you to listen to Lauren, she is my friend.

- All right.  Come in.

We entered the house that was not luxurious or big like the Cabellos house, but it was a comfortable house to be in.  My steps stopped brutally when I saw the short and older man getting up from his chair and hugging his son fondly and longingly, the wife joined in and everyone looked at me.  "Shit..."

- Mama, Papa.  This is Lauren Jauregui.

- What is the new Imperium Jauregui tycoon doing in my house?

The man spoke, looking me up and down.

- Sir, I didn't come here as a tycoon or something, I came to ask you something with all due respect.

- All right girl, go ahead.

The man sat down on the couch next to his wife and Brandon sat beside me with a worried look on his face.

- Sir, I've been friends with Ally for a while and we got to know each other better and I became very close to Ally after the accident and the coma... But then... I discovered something in that little little creature... I discovered love .

- What are you saying, girl?

- Mr. Hernandez... I love Ally.  I came here to ask for her hand in dating...

- You've got to be kidding... Ally has never dated girls.

- I understand sir, but fate is fate.

- I do not...

- Listen sir... I dated a girl a few years ago, and sometime later we got engaged.  But she had an accident and died... I went into a horrible depression to the point where I almost killed myself, look - I stretched the sleeves of my long shirt and showed my scars - But then I met Ally and we saved ourselves.  Our love saved us.  Sir, I swear I'll never see her daughter suffer by my side.