19 | Go

Posted: 10/2/21

Sorry for any mistakes.

-----

"What do you mean 'what do we do now'? You gotta save Aphmau, and I have to kill my father."

Travis's eyes widened. "You're actually going to kill your father?"

You closed the journal and shrunk it so it would fit into your pocket. "I have no other choice if any one of us wants to make it out alive."

You started to walk out of the room and Travis followed from behind.

"How would you even kill your father?"

You both got out of the hallway and you started to close the bookshelf. "I don't know. With my magic probably."

You closed the bookshelf and dusted off your hands. "I'll just have to see what happens. That's what I usually do."

Travis looked concerned. "That's extremely reckless."

You turned to him and smirked. "Obviously."

Travis shook his head. "So you just want me to find Aphmau and get her out of here?"

"Yes. I'll distract my dad while you escape with her. You might have to deal with a few guards, but it shouldn't be that bad."

"Hey, aren't you still concerned with what little amount of guards there are?"

"They probably all gathered somewhere like they did before." You stopped for a moment. "On second thought, you might have more than a few guards you have to get through. My father knows we're here and coming to get her, so just be alert."

Travis nodded still unsure about your plan, but he decided to trust you.

You fixed a few things and tried to mentally prepare yourself. Your dad was probably a lot stronger than you were. You might be a demon witch, but he is the king of demons, so he's definitely more powerful.

You turned to Travis with a determined look. "Alright, let's go."

Travis slightly smiled as he saw that look in your eyes. Your demon side might have been colder and sassier than you were, but he could see a bit of your normal self in her.

You walked out of the room and started walking through the long corridors. You made your way through the maze of halls and found the door to the throne room. Travis was following close behind.

You peeked your head through the door and saw your father sitting on the throne looking bored. You moved your eyes around the room and froze when you saw Aphmau chained to the ground next to him.

You turned to Travis. "She's in here right next to the throne," you whispered.

"What? How do I get her now?" Travis quietly groaned.

"I guess we have to work together. And as I said earlier, I'll distract him." You took a deep breath. "Let's go."

You pushed the door open and started walking toward the King. He sat upright when he saw you, he smirked.

"Are you looking for someone?" He motioned to Aphmau.

"Father," you spat out.

He looked shocked but quickly regained his posture. "You found your mother's old journal. How annoying."

You rolled your eyes. Your mom was right, becoming king really did corrupt him. "Hand over the girl."

"And why would I do that?"

"She doesn't belong here."

"Neither do you and look, you're here."

You glared at him. "I'm still half demon, I'm summoned here every 20 years. Once I leave with the girl, you won't be seeing me until the next Calling. Unless you're dead," you muttered the last part.

"Unless I'm dead?" He laughed. "You think I'm going to die? The only one who is going to die is the boy."

"What?"

Just as you said that, your father put his arm out and swung it to the left while he clenched his hand into a fist. Travis flew out in front of the throne from the side where he was trying to help Aphmau.

He was gasping for air and trying to get whatever was choking him off.

You panicked, but didn't show it. "Let him go!"

Your father squeezed his fist tighter. Travis looked like he was about to pass out. You ran over to Travis and pointed your hand at your father and flicked it up.

The King's head jolted upward as if he got punched. The hold on Travis's neck got released and he started gasping and breathing heavily.

You sighed. "Are you okay?"

Travis wearily pointed to the throne. You looked and your father was beyond angry. You tapped Travis on the chest and stood up.

You walked up to your father again. "Let's make a deal."

The King rubbed his jaw. "What kind of deal?"

"A duel. If I win, all of us can leave without harm. If you win, they still get to go home, but I'll stay and you can publicly execute me."

-----