The Jeagerists

Levi sat up confused as Hange finished her exam. "Hange can you give us a moment?" "Sure, but take an easy." Levi nodded and Hange walked out. "Speak brat. What do you mean Eren started a group called the Jeagerists?" Akito sat next to him and looked down at the ground. "Well... when you were in a coma Eren made a deal with me that if I came with him to help with some plan of his that I would be able to kill Zeke, but when we came back he gathered more people to be part of his plan." "What is this plan of his," asked Levi. Akito placed his hand on Levi's knee, "I can't tell you..." Levi became angry and tried to push him down, but Akito pushed him against the headboard. "Listen it's for your own good okay? Eren isn't the same annoying boy everyone knew. He has become a terrible person. He even wants to kill you..." Levi's breath hitched. He didn't believe what his husband said was true. Eren was a good kid, but war changes people. The best and kindest people can turn into heartless and broken-hearted ones. Levi's eyes looked down, "What are we going to do?" Akito pulled his chin up and leaned his forehead on Levi's. "We will escape and live in the woods until everything calms down." "But what if they find us," Levi asked. "We will have to figure that out when they do, but for now let's go pack our stuff." Levi nodded and wrapped his arm around Akito's shoulder and got up. 

    When they got back to their room, they began packing their clothes. "Daddy," asked Henry who walked quietly into the room. Levi turned around and sat him on his desk. "Hey, bud we are going to go on a trip." Henry's eyes lit up and squealed in joy. Levi quickly held him close to his chest to muffle the squeals. Akito finished packing everything and put the bags over his shoulder, "Ready?" Levi nodded and put the hood of his cape on and covered Henry. "Are we playing hide and seek daddy?" Levi nodded, "But you have to be quiet, okay?" Henry smiled and put his finger over his mouth. They walked quietly down the halls of the base and once they got outside they ran to the horse stable. Levi put Henry in the wagon and covered him with blankets.  "Daddy I don't want to play anymore." Levi sighed, "It's just for a little longer bud." Henry's eyes started to tear up and began to throw a temper tantrum. Levi quickly got into the wagon and pulled him close, but the tantrum continued as Henry began hitting Levi's chest. "Henry knock it off Levi told you that you have to be quiet," Akito said as he got on the horse and started to ride off. Henry continued to throw his tantrum and scream as Levi held him close. Levi began to rock Henry in his arms which caused the tantrum to calm down and put him to sleep. "Finally...," Levi said as he laid him down. "Sometimes Henry really makes me mad. We really need to teach him how to be patient and do what we say," Akito said as he looked out into the distance. Levi sighed and brushed the hair out of Henry's face. "I know, but we just need to focus on getting to the cabin." Akito looked back at him and gave Levi a sigh. Levi looked at him and smiled, but as he did he looked past Akito and noticed people holding guns toward them. "Aki stop." 

   Akito turned around and quickly stopped his horse. He noticed that it was Eren and his men who were holding guns toward them. "I thought you said you would keep Levi at the base," yelled Eren as he walked towards them.  Akito quickly got off his horse and stood in between him and the wagon which held Levi and Henry. "Eren, please. I'm taking him and my son into the forest so just let us go." Eren looked at him and singled one of the men standing next to him to walk towards Akito. The man took off his hood and walked toward them. "Floch...," Akito said as he glared at him. Levi got out of the wagon, but Akito stopped him. "Levi don't if you try to go after him you will be shot dead." "Do you think I can't stop them? Oh come on Aki you know me better than that," Levi glared at Akito. 

     "You can stop everyone else, but you can't stop me," said a figure. Levi looked past Akito and his eyes widened. The figure began walking toward him and smiled," Miss me, Levi. I'm surprised you are not dead from my last attack." "Zeke..." Levi pushed passed Akito and walked toward him, but was pulled back. "Levi don't. I'm not losing you to Zeke again. Just let me talk to them alright," asked Akito. Levi tried to push off of him again but was punched in the stomach which caused him to collapse to the ground. "Aki what the-," Levi stopped as he looked up and saw tears fall from Akito's eyes. He looked down and held onto his stomach. Akito turned around and walked toward Floch and Zeke. "Please just let us go and Levi won't cause trouble I promise." Floch punched Akito in the stomach and grabbed onto his shoulder as Akito fell into his arms. "If you don't fulfill your promise, let's just say Eren won't let you get your revenge is that understood," He asked as he whispered in Akito's ear. Akito nodded and Floch let go of him. Floch walked with Zeke back to Eren. Akito glared at them and helped Levi up and got back onto the horse. As he rode past the men, Akito looked into the forest with a blank facial expression. 

   The rest of the ride into the forest was quiet. Once they reached the cabin, they unloaded all of the supplies inside. Levi laid Henry down on a bed in a room and walked back out to the living room and sat on a couch. Akito walked over to a fireplace and started a fire. "Aki?" Akito finished the fire and looked out a window. "Aki come on talk to me," Levi said as he got up and rubbed Akito's back. Akito wiped his eyes and hugged him tightly. Levi hugged him back and placed his hand on the back of Akito's head. "I can't protect you and Henry like I want to. Eren... I hate Eren... I hate that monkey shifter...I hate the Jeagerists...," Akito said as he cried hard into Levi's shoulder. Levi held him close and teared up. He had never heard Akito cry so hard and it broke his heart. "It's fine Aki. Please don't beat yourself up about this." Akito looked into Levi's eyes and kissed him. Levi kissed back and gave him a small smile, "I let's go and lay down..." Akito nodded and held Levi's hand as they walked into a bedroom and laid down on a bed. Akito pulled Levi into his arms and held him close. "Are you okay," asked Levi. Akito nodded and drifted off to sleep. Levi kissed his forehead and sighed. He slowly got out of Akito's arms and walked out of the room and headed outside. He looked up to the sky and sat on a porch chair. "This war isn't going to end well..."