11 : Reevaluation of priorities.

ˏˋ°•*

It has been three days since Dayanah and Namjoon saw each other.. At least hanging out together.

They saw each other briefly when he came to pick up Baram, but of course they didn't say anything, only nodding their heads at each other.

That day was no exception, Namjoon picked up Baram and they headed home, a small smile on his face.

What if Dayanah became more than someone that takes care of him ?

What if he didn't had to pick up Baram because Dayanah would bring him home ?

He shook the thought out of his head, looking at his son through the rear-view mirror with a small smile.

Baram was singing nonsense, considering he was only a child, he wasn't much of a lyricist.

He had big doe eyes like any other kid, looking at the buildings of Seoul on the way home, the dimples on his cheek appearing every time he pronounced certain words.

Namjoon smiled at the sight as he entered the underground parking lot, a small 'woooh' escaping Baram's lips as the road went down.

Namjoon chuckled, stopping the engine and taking Baram from his seat, holding his hand as he locked the car, walking towards the elevator.

"Today choccy teacher gave us candies because it was Hwayoung's birthday !" Baram said, pulling some out of his pocket. "Have one Papa !"

Baram hated calling his father 'Appa', for the mere reason that he thought it was over-used.

He always saw Namjoon as his hero, hence, he couldn't consider Namjoon like other dads.

"No it's okay Champion, you can have everything." Namjoon said with a smile, ruffling his hair.

Baram pouted, looking at him with slightly teary eyes.

"But you need to be strong Papa, you're gonna fight with Mommy again.."

Namjoon's smile slightly dropped but he controlled himself, not wanting to show this side of him to his son.

He poked Baram's dimple before tickling his around the neck, the little boy laughing and squirming around, begging his father to stop.

"Mommy and I aren't going to fight don't be silly Kim Baram-ah~"

Baram kept laughing and when the elevator doors opened, Namjoon picked him up, putting him on his shoulders.

"Papa is the best !"

Namjoon smiled, walking in the penthouse with Baram on his shoulders, finding Jieun watching a random show on the TV.

They ignored each other, Namjoon putting Baram down and ruffling his hair before taking off his blazer as he walked towards the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat ?" Namjoon asked him with a smile.

"Ppeppero !" Baram said excitedly, his hand clutching his father's slacks as he followed him.

Namjoon hummed in response, grabbing the small box from the cabinet and handing to Baram, his little dimples poking out of his cheeks of satisfaction as he ran back to the couch.

Namjoon sighed, rolling his neck as he grabbed Baram's little 'Robocar Poly' plastic cup, putting some juice in it.

He was about to join Baram when Jieun entered the kitchen, but of course Namjoon was planning to ignore her.

"You think what you're doing is okay ?"

He sighed, turning his head towards her with an annoyed look on his face.

"What have I done now aside from breathing ?"

"The way you're treating me, Baram didn't even greet me because you didn't do it." She said, crossing her arms against her chest. "He takes you as an exemple, if you do something, he'll follow."

"Well maybe he can sense how unpleasant being around you is and doesn't want to acknowledge you." Namjoon answered, putting the box of juice back in the fridge.

"That has nothing to do with our problems but about Baram-"

"Stop your hypocrisy two seconds, when I was telling you that Dayanah said our problems are Baram's problems you didn't seem to care."

Jieun said silent, crossing her arms against her chest.

"And how do you know her name ?"

'I was balls deep inside of her two days ago.'

"It's literally written on the classroom's board, are you stupid or are you doing it on purpose ?"

He grabbed Baram's cup and walked past her, not acknowledging her anymore.

"There you go big boy." He said, handing Baram the cup but the little boy was already too far gone in his cartoons.

Namjoon chuckled at that, putting it on the coffee table instead and pulling his phone out of his pocket, head rolling against the wall behind the couch as Baram leaned against his side, still eating the ppeppero at a snail pace.

Joon 🧸

you look too pretty to
hang out with kids all day

Daya 🎀

then hang out with me mister Kim
kinda miss you

Namjoon tried refrain himself from smiling, an only text making him all giddy and excited.

She missed him.

He was wanted somewhere.

Joon 🧸

i can try to visit tonight

Daya 🎀

arent u working ?

Namjoon sighed, a faint smile on his lips, like a teenager experiencing his first love.

Joon 🧸

you matter more.

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.