Finding Love- Prologue

Hey guys! This is my first story on wattpad! Hope you all like!

** 4/3/13 – Oh my gosh everyone! I've decided to go back and revise this story because now that I'm reading it again... it's so embarrassing! Clearly, this is not my best work! I was a lot younger when I wrote this :P So, if you do happen to read this... sorry is this gets a little confusing. I'm going to add a lot more to the story and build up some more depth in the characters.

Thanks so much for all the support! **

Finding Love

Prologue

"Lena darling... can you please pay attention to what I'm saying -"

That was my father. I stopped day dreaming and looked at him. He looked too young to be almost fifty years old. I fixed my dress skirt so it wasn't too puffy. Oh how I hated these dresses - a tight bodice and itchy annoying fabric... so uncomfortable!

I sat up and looked into my father in the eyes this time. He had ocean blue eyes that could calm you down in an instant and make your worries fly away. We were in a court meeting which consisted of my father – King Harold, Lady Jane, my fathers wife – Queen Anne, me, and the court master.

Yes I'm a princess... 

"Yes papa?" I asked, trying to sound like I cared.

I still wanted to continue my day dreaming of flowers – how typical of me.

"Lena darling," he sighed. "You have to be married."

What?

"What?" I repeated my thoughts out loud. "Since when?"

This was outrageous! I was only sixteen for heaven's sake! I can't! I couldn't! Why should I be married? I was about to stand up and leave when my father gently put his hands on mine. They were firm and strong. 

"Lena," he says very kindly. "I do not wish you to be married off, but I must. You're old enough to be Queen."

I was old enough to be the Queen? I could not see me as a Queen. My father was terrific at being King and Anne was an amazing Queen. Wait was he dying? Was he going to leave me?

"It was what your dear mother had wished for," he says to me and pats my hands gently.

My mother...?

I never actually knew my mother, she died in childbirth. I was my father's only child – I was his only heir. Anne couldn't give my father children; she was a fine woman though. Plus, she did care for me. She was the only mother I ever really had. 

"But papa... I'm only sixteen for heaven's sake!" I say sternly. 

"Your highness, if I may speak..." the court master pulled out a document from a folder and handed it to me. "This document was from your mother. She clearly states in here that by the age of sixteen – you are to wed and become Queen of Northampton."

I grabbed with documents in my hands, and read the sheet over and over again. Oh please Dear God! I'm only sixteen! I suddenly shed a tear. Then those few tears turned into sobs. Anne held me dearly – see she wasn't an evil person. 

"P – Papa?" I managed to ask choking back tears. "How – how long do I have?"

I lifted my face to meet his eyes. 

"You must find a husband before the year ends."

Today was already May 8th. I cried again and thought... I had seven months to find a husband, seven months to find a king who would be fit enough to help me rule this country, and seven months to fall in love.

Vote and Comment!