Finding Love- Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17~

Oh my... Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Or is he seriously standing there before me? The man I had loved and so longed to be with... was finally here?

"L-Landon?!"

"Lena," he says walking towards me; tears now welling up in my eyes, unable to control themselves. "I'm here to tell you, that you chose wrong." I chose wrong?!

"W-What do you m-mean?" I say shakily. Each word that came out of my mouth- full of emotion.

"You chose to marry the wrong man," he says looking me in my eyes. My eyes just widen in confusion. What did he mean?

"Why do you say that?" I say, composing myself, little by little. He still continued to look me in the eyes.

"Lena..." he starts. Oh dear lord... Is he going too...

"Lena, I love you." my eyes well with tears and pour like a waterfall. Oh my god! He confessed his feelings for me!

Gasp of shock and bewilderment flooded the room. I continued to cry... Unable to comprehend what I just figured out.

Landon loved... Me.

"Lena, I'm sorry that I left you. I'm sorry that I've made you cry, sad, even angry but I truly love you with all I have... Please don't marry him," he got on his knees and continued to beg. "Please?"

I cried for all I did...

Done...

And even thought of...

... to deny Landon's love for me.

Landon was now looking at me with pleading eyes. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I just had to tell him,

"Landon... I love y-you too."

Landon's POV

I pleaded- I literally got down on my knees... I let head fall.

She didn't want me- I just made her want to cry and cry...

"Landon... I love y-you too."

My head snapped up. Did she just say what I think she just said?!

"You do...?" she nodded. A smile lit on my face and I jumped on my feet, about to run to her. When suddenly I remembered that we weren't alone in this room.

I glanced at the Queen; she looked furious, "What is the meaning of this?!" then she looked at King Harold. "Did you know about this Harold?! Did you?!"

He cleared his throat, "Yes Anne I did." gasps once again filled the room. People sent him disapproving looks and shaking heads.

"Why did you not tell me? Do you knot know how much time I put into this wedding?!"

"I'm sorry Anne, it wasn't my wedding to call off. I didn't know what were Lena's and Fabians thoughts."

Then Fabian spoke up, "If I may speak." the room quieted. "Thank you. Lena and I aren't in love with one another- it's quiet obvious how much she loves Landon." eyes flickered to me. "We only chose married because of the kings wishes. I really only see Lena as a friend; sister- nothing more."

"Yes, Fabian is right. We only agreed to marry for the sake of our countries; I share no intimate feelings with him whatsoever," Lena said confidently with a smile; her eyes not leaving my face once. "Also Anne- I'm sorry I didn't tell you... I truly am."

"Its fine honey... I understand."

Lena descended from the platform of the alter and hugged the Queen. Small tears fell from her eyes- I so badly wanted to comfort her. Soon she pulled away and hugged her father as well. Then she whispered in his ears.

"So papa?" she asked looking at him. "May I...?" he smiled and nodded. She took a deep breath and walked towards me. My heart sped fast and happily. A smile plastered on my face. She smiled as well.

Once she reached me she said quietly enough for only I to hear, "Landon I truly love you."

"I love you more Lena." and with that I landed my lips with hers. Applauses rang in the room. I finally had my girl back...

***

After the whole wedding fiasco, Fabian returned home- sorry about the trouble he had caused me but i just thanked him. Lena's father dismissed the papers that had causes this all and said that Lena's mother would of wanted her to be happy.

And I spent every waking moment with her- I was making up for lost time. She was just so amazing...

What has made me want to leave so badly before?

Oh right, Lady Iris; I wonder what ever happened to her. She wasn't around anymore and Lena never mentioned her.

I wanted Lena to be mine- I wanted her to be mine forever... And I knew just the idea.

***

Lena and I were strolling by the river and her arms linked with mine.

"Landon, what did you do... While you were gone?" she asked in a small voice. I cleared my voice.

"I Uh, made some bad choices."

"Oh... Well you must of had fun..." I saw a single tear fall. I cupped her face and wiped the single tear that has fallen.

"Why... How could you think that?" I said gently kissing the newly fallen tears that fell from her eye away. "You know I love you."

"I love you as well." then I decide right now was the right time. I got down on my knees and pulled a small velvet box from my pocket.

Lena's POV

"I love you as well." I said sincerely. I meant every word I said. Then all the sudden Landon got down on one knee and pulled a small box from his pocket. I gasped. He was going to propose!

[**Authors Note: I have no idea if they even proposed like this back then but this is how I think!**]

He fumbled with the box- I couldn't help but smile. Then he opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring I had ever laid eyes on.

"Landon!" it was a silver ring lined with beautiful little diamonds and one bigger diamond sat in the middle.

[**Authors Note: Yeah I suck at describing as well!**]

"Lena, I have loved you since the day I laid my very eyes on you. You are the most beautiful girl I had ever met and I love you with all my heart. I promise to be by your side for always- if you would please be on mine." he looked at me with pleading eyes. "Lena, will you marry me?"

I responded immediately, "Yes! Landon yes!" he smiled and kissed me passionately. I did the same back.

"Thank you Lena. You don't know how happy I am right now." I laughed lightly.

"I love you," I said hugging his close. He kissed my hair.

"Love you more."

--------------------

What do ya think? I think that we are close to a finish on this story!

Vote, Comment, && Fan!