I don't want to go home yet

It was Thursday, our last full day here together, just the two of us. Our flight from JFK was at 1:20pm tomorrow and I didn't want to leave here one bit. I wasn't ready for it to be over. All our site seeing was done and that left us a few days to do anything else we wanted. We were having the best time away from reality and all I could think was that I wanted to continue it. I really wanted to show Chris the home in LA we used to stay in. It turned out to be our family home and now it was all mine. Right now wasn't the time to drag him anywhere and the house wasn't going anywhere, so it could wait. All this thinking and I hadn't even opened my eyes yet. I really had to get up. The feeling of needing to pee and the pressure of having extra weight on my bladder from Chris's arm was definitely not good first thing in the morning. As much as I loved having him hold me, the feeling of slapping him for how he was sleeping right now was real, but I wasn't going to slap him. He was too cute, still lightly snoring away, but damn he was a dead weight.

I heard movement in the bedroom while I was getting ready to shower. A sleepy head poked his head through the door. "Good morning, beautiful." This morning's sleepiness was cute on him. "Good morning handsome. How did you sleep? " His head nuzzling into my neck, the muffled voice answered, "Very well actually. How about you, since you have been up early the past two days? Is everything OK? " It was little things like this that made me wonder how I was so lucky to finally call him my boyfriend. I smiled and replied, "Baby, I'm fine. You are like a walking, talking radiator and my body isn't used to that much heat and the past two mornings have felt like I'm in the desert. I wouldn't change you for the world though. You want to know why? " His head cocked to the side with a quizzical expression on his face, "I wouldn't change you because I LOVE YOU." I told him quietly before shouting that I loved him, making him chuckle, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me in for a kiss. "Now pretty girl, how about we shower? Would you rather shower with me or without me? " He knew the answer to that: "Well, I hate to say it, but I'd rather shower..." I stopped talking for about a minute until Chris's breathing started to get faster. "With you all the time, you know that!" I stood on my tiptoes kissing his cheek, then walked to the shower, turning it on, letting it get to the right temperature before we got in.

I wanted to do something special with Chris on our last full day and I had no idea what to do. "Hey Babe?" I asked while I was scrubbing his back. "What do you want to do today?" As I turned him around to scrub his chest, he pulled me closer, getting me all soapy. "As long as I am with you, I don't care, but we could always go and grab souvenirs for everyone today. You know, the cheesy ones that say 'I heart NYC' on them. " I nearly fell over laughing at the thought of our friends and family walking around with those kinds of t-shirts on. "OMG yes, we totally need to get those considering the number of times they have done it to us." I smiled from ear to ear, seeing him smiling and looking at me.

For the length of time we have known each other, I thought I knew every look on Chris's face, but the one he currently had on his face was new and I just couldn't place it. "I love you sweet girl. Don't ever change. " Wow, that's all I could think that look was love. I felt so dumb. Of course it was, I just wasn't used to it being there for me. I love you too, babe, and I won't change as long as you don't change either. "I hugged him tightly as if he was going to be torn away from me if I let go. We stood in the shower just holding each other for about 15 minutes and it was the longest we had spent in the shower together without having sex and it was perfect.

Once out of the shower and dressed for the day, we headed out for the last time before we leave tomorrow to go home. We headed towards Times Square as we had spotted a store that sold cheesy souvenirs for tourists, and we picked up a good few things for our friends. We had sent pictures to our group chat and everyone had said they couldn't wait for their gifts. We couldn't help but giggle, knowing they would be in stitches about us. We had obviously picked up some little miniatures of tequila and whiskey and cups too. We were also planning a night out for when we got back, as a kind of way to tell them we were together finally.