Why is that funny?

Monday came quicker than I'd like to admit, but we were heading to the Edition hotel today for a few days and Chris had Maria change our flights for coming home on Thursday. Our flights were more or less the same, which wasn't that bad. "Hey, babe, remember that show you used to watch and tell me you always wanted to go to the restaurant that it was filmed in?" I spun around from packing my toiletries to answer him. "Yeah, Sur." I told him. "Yeah, that one. Do you think it would be any good?" I had been told by my cousins that had been to LA to stay for a while that they went and it was amazing and that made me want to go even more. "Yeah, my cousins have been and they said it was amazing. Why?" I asked "I've booked us a table for dinner. I was just checking that you still wanted to go." He kissed my forehead and walked away with a smirk on his face. 

We put our cases into the car and headed to the hotel. I was looking forward to a relaxing few days where I could go to a spa and get a massage or a facial or just chill by the pool without having to get up to get a drink, because in a hotel like this, there is always someone around that will get you one. "I just remembered we still have that Christmas gift from your mom and dad to use. You know the one for the JW Marriott in Savannah." I burst out laughing when I realised Chris was now a shareholder with Marriott and that his parents had unknowingly booked us a room in one of the hotels. "Why is that funny?" He hadn't clicked yet, probably because he was driving. "Because you now don't have to pay for a room anymore, and your parents bought us it as a gift. It's kinda funny in a way. I'll stop laughing and talking now." I felt like I wasn't making sense and therefore felt stupid, so I just stopped and looked out the window until we got to the hotel. "Are you ready to relax and reset before going home?" Chris asked me. "Yeah." I answered, still feeling stupid, because I had now started my overthinking process again. 

We got out of the car and, as normal, I went to get my bag and there was someone already in the trunk getting our luggage out of it and putting it on a trolley. I guess I still hadn't adapted to this life or hadn't been to too many fancy hotels in my life to understand that some people are expecting way too much from people who can't lift their own bags. I mean, I'm fine with sitting by the pool and asking for a drink or two, but I would only do it if someone was close. In reality, I hate bugging people. I always have, unless I know them, that is. "You OK over there?" Chris pulled me from my train of thought as I was still standing where the car had been, not even realising that it was gone until I heard Chris speaking to me. "Ummm, yeah I'm fine." He knew I was feeling a little off, he could tell, and I was still in that train of thought, but I was going to have to get out of it. Then this young girl came up to us with two cocktails. "Welcome to Edition Hotel." She said this while handing us the drinks. People were staring at us and I could hear people talking around us. "Wonder what makes them so special?" and "Must be daddy's money that got them this hotel." I looked at Chris and he was angry. "For your information, ladies, I'm a shareholder with Marriott and I'm treating my girlfriend to a relaxing few days before we fly home and get back to work on our own companies. Would you like to know anything else about us before you get back to judging us?" The woman just looked at him and then to me and I smiled proudly until I heard what came out of her mouth next. "Did you buy her a company as well? There is no way she could afford to buy one herself. " Taken back by her words, I saw red. Why was everyone out to get us in LA? First Morgan, now this old hag. "For your information, the company I own has been passed down from my grandparents to my mother and now to me, plus we just recently signed a multi-million dollar deal to start making another line of high-end clothing, amongst other things. What is it with people today who are always so quick to judge? I didn't stop to ask you if you came here to live out your last days, did I?" You'd think that I just stole her cheap and tacky fake diamond necklace from her neck. "Well, I never." She gasped "Oh don't give me that you were off the mark with me. If you can't take it, don't give it out. Oh, and another thing, you might want to talk to your jeweller because that necklace is a terrible knock-off of the real thing. " I told her before Chris took my head and led me away to the front desk before I really tore into her.