Chapter 16

Louis woke up and knew that his heat was finally over; he looked over at the clock and saw that it was 9 pm and knew that no one should be on the floor because dinner was already delivered. He looked over Harry, who is sleeping peacefully, and he quietly sighs at what he is about to do. He knows that this is his only chance to get into Harry's office, so he quietly and slowly climbs out and puts on his clothes before he can change his mind. He finds the flash drive in his pocket. He looks over at Harry one more time before walking quietly to the door, unlocking it, bringing in the food before leaving, and closing the door behind him. Like predicted, no one was there in the hallway, so Louis walked over to Harry's office after seeing where Harry had walked to when he gave Liam the floor key. Louis picked the lock and got into the room and quietly closed and locked the door before scanning the room and looking for Harry's desktop. He sighed, walked over to it, turned it on, inserted the flash drive and saw that it started the transfer, and Louis went through the cabinets and drawers to find the Crimson file. Once he found multiple files on Mark's pack, Louis pulled out his phone and started taking pictures of everything in it. He had tears in his eyes because he really didn't want to ruin what he had with Harry after Harry had been so kind and made time out of his busy schedule for Louis, comforting him and helping him through his heat. Louis's feelings for Harry grew so much deeper, and he really felt himself start to fall in love with Harry but stopped that thought because once Harry finds out, all of this will be gone. By the time he is done taking the pictures, the flash drive had completed its transfer, and he got a text from Mark telling him that he needed to come back to the house. Louis pulled out the flash drive and put everything back the way he found it and walked out of the door and kept his head down, and walked back into Harry's room. 

Louis picked up the food tray from the floor and walked over to Harry, who was still sleeping peacefully. Louis knows that he should leave, but he wants to stay with Harry for a while longer, knowing he will be gone soon. He placed the food tray on the bed and climbed in next to Harry, and started eating. He was halfway through eating, lost in thought when he noticed the note on the tray that wasn't on the other trays. Louis picked it, and the note read:

Hey Haz, this is not the best news to wake to after helping someone through their heat, but dad passed away this afternoon (around 4 pm). He was not doing as good as he told us, and he had gotten worse after announcing his retirement to the pack a couple of weeks ago. I'm sorry, we need you to announce the passing. Text me when it's over. - Gems x

Louis reread the note repeatedly, and he can't believe that HArry's dad passed. Once word gets out, Mark will obviously attack the pack while they are in mourning. Louis also knows that if he wants to get his sisters and Dr. Manning out, this is his chance, and he can hopefully take Harry up on his offer before Mark's attack. Louis quickly finished eating and took his pills before checking that he didn't leave anything before practically running out of Harry's room and to the private elevator. He called his driver to pick him up a couple of blocks away from the Styles packhouse. He ran out of the house, kind of getting a bit lost since the property was huge, but he found his way off and ran to where his driver would meet him.

He got in the car the minute the car pulled up to where Louis was standing, and he texted his sisters and Dr. Manning to meet in one of the rooms and told the driver to step on it. Once they arrived at the house, Louis took the back entrance, snuck into the infirmary, and went directly to the room that Dr. Manning told him to meet at. His sisters and Dr. Manning were already there.

"Louis, oh my god, are you okay?" Lottie asked, running up to hug Louis and his sisters also joined in on the hug.

"I don't have time to explain much, but I found a chance to get out of here. Harry has offered all of us a spot in his pack, and if we want that, we need to go now while Mark is distracted," Louis said and looked each one of them in the eye.