ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ | ʷⁱˡᵇᵘʳˢᵒᵒᵗ

wilbur soot ; we met at disney (1)

author pov.

a day working in Disney was still the same, kids running around with their parents, mascots waving hands, and some people with their dates and such.

Wilbur was working at the cotton candy stall, many kids with their parents lined up whilst holding the hands of their parents.

while Wilbur was busy handing out cotton candy there was someone staring at him. Y/N, they had a crush on Wilbur ever since they saw him cleaning the cotton candy stall, while they were trying to apply to be a stage manager.

what Y/N didn't notice is that Wilbur noticed them staring at himself. he blushed thinking why were they looking at him? was there something wrong with his face? was there a smudge on his glasses? he didn't know.

all he knew was, Y/N was staring. at him. blushing.

wilbur's pov.

While i was giving kids cotton candy, i looked up i saw someone looking at me.

it was Y/N.. they looked so beautiful under the light of the stage..

and they left, i sigh going back to giving cotton candy to the kids.. wonder what Y/N is doing now..

time skip
still wilbur's mixed with author's pov.

it was late in the evening, people slowly left the place leaving away trash. i went to grab a broom but someone got it first, Y/N? what were they still doing here? it's late.

"oh um hello, Miss.. what are you still doing here?" wilbur asked.

"i stayed cuz i wanted to help clean up!" the manager answered.

wilbur was suprised someone wanted to help, usually the other workers just left him to clean the place but it was nice having someone help him.

"i noticed you always staying behind on closing hours, what's that about?" Y/N asked.

"i stay here for a little bit cleaning up since no one else seemed to clean here.. what about you? why did you stay behind other than help cleaning?" wilbur asked curious of what the woman had to say to him.

"oh! i had some paper work given to me by our boss, they wanted me to fill it up for the stage repairs.." Y/N said sweeping the wrappers of candy on the floor.

they had a small talk while cleaning the floor, they found out they had a lot of things in common, wilbur decided to ask them now, it was now or never.

"um.. i have a question to ask you." wilbur said.

"sure! ask away." said the stage manager.

" ... "

"hm?"

"w-would you l-like to go on a d-date with me?" wilbur asked.

wilbur was now kind of regretting his question but..

"sure! im free this weekend if you are too!"

wilbur was suprised his crush agreed on going to a date with him, but none the less. he was happy they agreed.