ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ | ⁿⁱʰᵃᶜʰᵘ

nihachu ; warmth of an embrace.

author pov.

Y/N walked on the sidewalks of Niki's hometown, she was almost sprint walking because she looked at the time. 04 : 12 pm. it was almost evening so she had to hurry.

Y/N arrived at Niki's house with beads of sweat trickling down her forehead. "shit. the food."

she looked down at the plastic bag which held the food that she was supposed to give Niki was now messed up.

" ugh now what am i gonna give Niki? fucking hell. " she cursed herself for sprinting.

she knocked on the wood door painted white. it had a few spots where the paint had scrapped off since the house was old.

Niki answered the door with a bright smile, she missed Y/N coming over to her house. it was because of covid that they had to stay in their homes for so long. it had became boring without her best friend. so it was good to see her after so long.

Niki let her in her cozy home, her living room was filled with plushies of all kind. dinosaurs, rabbits, dogs, cats, hell! there was even a cocacola plushie on her couch. but Y/N loved Niki's living room.

Y/N respectfully took off her dirty shoes and put them on the dusty shoe rack and followed Niki to the dinning area. Y/N placed the bag of food that was ironically messy because of they way she sprinted to Niki's home.

Y/N opened the box of food from the restaurant that just opened near her house, she was gonna go to Niki's, so why not get her food too? it was on sale too cuz they just opened and it was near a bakery! so Y/N got chocolate filled bread for Niki.

as they were eating Niki wanted to ask a question, so she asked Y/N.

" Y/N? "

" yea? "

" after we're done eating, do you wanna watch a movie? "

".. sure niki "

" great! "

Y/N was supposed to be home at 10 pm or her mother would get mad again, but it was Niki who could resist her?

after they were done eating the walked to the living room. Niki got the small remote for her tv.

as they stared at the screen of the tv, Niki got cold and Y/N noticed this. Y/N stood up fron the couch and walked somewhere else. she came back with a blanket! Niki was looking at her smiling.

Y/N set the blanket on Niki's thighs and Niki thanked her for her kind gesture.

Niki started to fall asleep and her head was slowly leaning forwards, she almost fell but Y/N caught her and instead layed her head on her stiff shoulder.

Niki woke up to the tv still on, but on another movie and something was on screen. it was an option, it asked if they were still watching.

Niki reached down to the remote on the floor, it must've fallen while they were asleep. Niki pressed the right button and the tv shut down.

Niki looked to her side to find her friend sleeping, dried drool was on her chin, her mouth was agape. Niki smiled to the sight of her friend and decided to prepare a quick breakfast before Y/N left for work.

Y/N woke up an hour after Niki did. Y/N jerked her body up and looked around to see Niki on her phone. Y/N stood up and went to find clean shoes.

Y/N went to the kitchen counter where Niki was sitting at. She sat down on the bar stool and looked down at the white marble kitchen counter, she saw a bowl of cereal and a milk box to her right.

Y/N and Niki were at the door looking at each other, Y/N thanked Niki for letting her stay the night and left.