Chapter 8

* next day *
It'sTuesday today. Tuesdays are ok. I'm not a big fan of Tuesdays. But today I'm excited about. IM BABYSITTING WITH ONE DIRECTION TONIGHT!!!!! I'm so excited.

I still have to get through the stupid school. I still have to see stupid Logan who broke my heart. I can't believe he did that. I hate him so much, I'm never going to take him back. Ever. He hurt me too much. He doesn't deserve my forgiveness.

It's currently 5:45. Gotta get breakfast started. Today I'm making pancakes, bacon and hash browns. I fix my dad his plate and a small one for me and hide it so he doesn't see. I put his food on the table and I call up to him to let him know that breakfast is ready, but I don't get an answer. Not even a grunt, so I go upstairs and say that breakfast is ready again. Still no answer. I go to his door and knock on it. No answer. I open the door and see him on the ground covered in blood and laying in pool of it. I start freaking out. I run to see where all the blood is coming from but I can't make myself run all the way. Instead I run out of the room and get my phone to call 9-1-1.

I call 9-1-1 and tell them the whole thing of how I called him to tell him breakfast was ready and he didn't answer to me going to his room and opening the door and seeing that. The ambulance gets here 10 minutes later. That was pretty fast. When they get to the room they look at each other and then to me.

"I'm sorry dear but there is no fixing him. He's dead." They tell me.

All I can think is what? How is he dead? How did this happen?

"Can you find out how he died please?" I ask the paramedics.

"Sure thing sweetie."

"Thanks. And don't call me sweetie please. Call me Meagan or Meg." I tell them. I really don't like that name. Sweetie.

"Alright meg. So it looks like he stab himself. We don't know what with because we can't find anything that he could've used anywhere near or around him." They explain to me.

"Ok. Thank you. Can you please take the body?" I ask them.

"Of course. That's part of our job." The paramedics say.

"Thank you again guys." Is all I can say before the tears come. Even though he did all those horrible things he was still my dad.

It's now 6:25. I gotta get ready for school. Last night I got quite the beating. He actually hurt me so bad that I think he broke some of my ribs.

*flashback to around 5:30*

I had just finished making dinner and putting it on the table just as he walks in. He comes in, sits down and eats. After he was done I took the plate and washed it. Right after I put the utensils and plate in the drying rack he came I smacked me. That smack turned into a full on beating. A beating I don't even know why I was getting. He started punching me and kicking me. Some of his punches were directed at my ribs and each time he hit them I couldn't breathe. After he was done beating me. I laid on the floor for a while because I couldn't get up. Once I got up I felt it. The pain from my ribs and why I couldn't get up. He had broken some of my ribs. I went to bed and I set my alarm for a bit earlier because of my ribs. I knew If I set my alarm for the normal time I wouldn't get out of bed in time to make breakfast. So I set my alarm for 4:30.

* present time *

So once my alarm went off I couldn't move. I couldn't really even breathe. But I got up. It took me like 50 minutes to get up but I did. It hurts like hell. I got in the shower to wash all the blood off and when it came to my hair oh god did that ever hurt. I just sucked it up and washed my hair because it was covered in blood. After my shower I dried myself. That hurt a lot too. I put on sweats and a t-shirt. I went downstairs to make breakfast and that's when I found out my dad was dead. I also asked the paramedics how long he had been dead. They told me for at least 8 hours. I gasped and just stared in shock.

I got to school early. I was still a mess from this morning. I got to my locker and Katie came up to me. She was all happy but when she saw me she automatically went to comforting and asking if I want to talk about it.

"Meg.. Do you want to talk about it?" Kat asks me.

"Sure. My dad is dead." I tell her.

"What? OMG. Are you sure you're okay?" She asks me all worried.

"Ya I'm fine." I tell her half truthfully.

"Ok." She says and with that we walk to class.

I still don't want to to see Logan but I have to. Our classes. Only 2 more months before this semester is over and second will start. Second semester is better because we don't have ant classes together.