Chapter 13

I don't know what happened. one minute I'm playing truth or dare with the boys, then the next they're tickling me, I started crying because I was in pain, and I blacked out.

I open my eyes and notice I'm in a hospital, I start freaking out. I can't be in here. they'll find out I was abused. they can't find out. the more I freak out the louder the machines get. a nurse comes running in and tries to calm me down. when that doesn't work she knocks me out with medicine. the next time I come to, the boys are all in the room.

"Oh Meg, you scared us half to death." Niall is all worked out.

"Meg, what happened?"

" I don't know."

"Meg, what happened to your ribs."

" I fell."

"Meg, you did not fall."

"that's what happened."

"Meg, don't lie to us. there's no way you fell."

" I fell."

"Ok. you can lie all you want. were gonna find out the real reason what happened."

"ok"

the nurse comes in again, sees I'm awake and starts asking me some things.

"sweety, what's your name?"

"Meg"

"last name?"

" I don't know"

"really?"

"yup."

"ok. how old are you?"

"19."

"ok."

"siblings?"

"none that I know of."

"parents?"

"both dead."

"names?"

"nope. don't remember them."

"ok. the doctor is gonna be here in a few minutes just to check on your vitals."

"ok."

the doctors comes a few minutes later.

"Meg, I'm just gonna check your vital signs, alright?"

"yeah, that's fine."

" ok, open your eyes wide."

he checked my eyes with a little flashlight, I guess to check my pupils.

"ok. your pupils are good."

he did whatever else he had to do.

"now I checked over your x-rays, your ribs are broken in 4 places. can you tell me what happened?"

" I fell. I forget what I was doing that lead up to me falling, but I fell."

"ok then. boys if you will step outside with me for a moment."

the boys all went outside with the doctor.

"which one of you is the eldest?"

" I am" Louis told the doctor.

"ok. which one of you was the one who called 911?"

"it was me sir." Liam said.

"ok, the rest of you go back in the room with Meg, you two come with me. there's something you need to know."

"ok."

Louis and Liam went with the doctor into his office.

"sit. please. the reason why I've asked you to come here is because of

Meg's x-rays. her ribs are broken in 4 places, but not because she fell."

"why are they broken in 4 places then?"

"she was kicked in the ribs, and pretty hard to, to have been able to break it in 4 places."

" wait, what? she got kicked? by who? when?"

" I don't know who kicked her, when she got kicked was about a week ago."

" what? a week ago?"

"yup. that's not all either, she's been abused for a while."

" WHAT?! she's been abused? No, that's not possible. she's such a lovely girl, who would want to do that?" Louis sais while balling his eyes out.

" we also found her birth certificate online and her name is Meghan Tomlinson..."

" What did you just say?"

" her name is Meghan Tomlinson"

" REALLY?! seriously? can I see the certificate?" Louis asks.

"yes of course."

the doctor shows Louis the certificate and he starts to cry even more.

" Liam, she's my long lost sister. remember that story I told you guys about, when I lost one of my sisters to my dad?"

"yeah, I remember."

" she's that sister. Liam I found her again. that makes sense why whenever I saw her I got that weird feeling like I knew her. this is the best day of my life. I never thought I would find her again. I thought I lost her for good when my dad took her. can we go and see her please?"

"yes, go ahead, you need to see your sister."

Louis is still crying a bit when they get back to her room. Meg is standing up when they get there.

"Louis, why are you crying?" Meg asks me.

" I just heard the best and worst news ever."

"really?"

"yup. which would you like to hear first?"

"the bad."

" the bad news is that you lied to us about why your ribs are broken, which I told you we would find out what really happened. which we did. it's because you were abused, wasn't it?"

"ya.."

"Meg why didn't you just tell us what really happened?"

" I was scared to. I was going to tell you, I was just scared."

" ok. well the good news is. get ready for it.."

" what is it?"

" MEG, YOUR MY SISTER!!!!"

"WHAT?! REALLY?"

"yup. the doctor told me and Liam that your name is Meghan Tomlinson."

"oh my god. that's the best news ever."