13

Overwhelming. This was the first thought, which crossed their minds. Goosebumps were tickling on their skins, while their hearts started to beat faster, just by his strong gaze. It felt unreal. They were just standing meters away from his intimitating appearance, nevertheless it was enough to let them shiver of anticipation. It sure was a sight to see. A moment to remember. As ordinary villagers of Hyrule, they never came this close to him.

"The hero..here!?", friends and other relatives, who visited (Y/N)'s home, gasped surprised. They were gathered around her parents, while watching the scene in awe.
Holding his wife's hand to calm her shaken form, (Y/N)'s father watched the man clothed in green seriously.

On the other side, Link was thinking about how to start his investigation. He wasn't surprised about their reactions, even if he still had to get used to it. He was their hero in their darkest hours. He had fought bravely, faced the evilst creatures at the most terrible places. But still, it always made him feel quite embarrassed, the moment people watched him with such admiration.

"I am here to talk about your missing daughter. May i come in for a moment?", Link asked politely, while taking his hat off. Gasping (Y/N)'s father nodded quickly, while the others admired every single move of the young hero. Getting down from his horse, Link followed (Y/N)'s parents inside the house. Her mother sat down at one of the kitchen tables and gave Link a saddened smile.
Sighing, he watched her helpless attempt to not cry, while he could only imagine what she had to endure these past few days.

"I got a message that your daughter went missing after a storm.", Link started, while (Y/N)'s mother took a deep breath.

"And now you are telling us that she will never come back....that looking for her is useless...a waste of time, after days already passed...", she spoke depressed and hit her face in her hands. Giving (Y/N)'s father an serious glance, who watched his wife heartbroken and mostly helpless, Link slowly approached her and sat down as well.

"I can't accept it. I can't believe it..We aren't important people and you sure are busy...but i plead you..find her. She is still alive..i am sure..i beg you.", she stuttered exhausted. Link gave her time to cry out her frustration. Carefully, he took her hand to get her attention and gave her a soft smile. He too, had to comprehend what was going on right now and was sure that giving her informations about her daughter's whereabout wouldn't really support her already fragile state. Link didn't want to give them hope, if he didn't know about (Y/N)'s condition.

"I can only imagine what you've been through..", he started and let her cry even more.

"But let me tell you, that i am never too busy for people, who need help. Don't ever hesitate to get me, because of my title. I am not here to tell you, that she is dead. I am not here to tell you, that i won't look for her. I can't guarantee you anything, but i can promise you to keep on searching for her..", he spoke and was deeply hugged by her mother.

"Thank you.. thank you so much...", she cried bitterly, while (Y/N)'s father gave the hero a grateful smile.

"Could you maybe tell me about her. Anything could help for my search..", Link added, while rubbing her back for comfort. Slowly (Y/N)'s father stepped to their sides and started to tell him about his beloved daughter. Beside the facts about her looks, which matched perfectly with the description of the soldiers, her background was quite simple. No extraordinary hobbies or hidden secrets, which could've been of any use for Dark Link.

The words of the soldier were still running through his mind. He protected someone from the light. Even, if this was enough to let him gasp of shock. Beside that, he had killed a dozen of soldiers of Hyrule and also wiped out his own army. It sounded insane, unreal. What was he up to? Was this monster really betraying Ganondorf? The thought alone let him shake his head in disbelief, but quickly pull himself together to be present for her parents.
Sure, there was a bad intention behind it, an evil plan. But still something was completely off.