14

A sweet tune echoed through the house, soft and calmly. Quickly her hands flew across the kitchen table, working precisely like an expert. Every move carefully overlooked to be sure of its perfection.
The sound of pots, splashing water and cutting ,combined with her sweet melody, would let you think that everything was going smoothly.

Definately no.

In reality, (Y/N) was a trembling mess. Trying hard in humming the songs of her mother, to calm her nerves. The way her mother prepared everything always looked so easy. Skilled, she was finished in no time, but for (Y/N) it seemed like there was no end. But she had to admit, the circumstances were on a whole different level. With shaken hands, she tried to cut the vegetables. Focusing on her work, than her troublesome thoughts. It was useless. Over and over again, she failed in getting the thought out of her mind that she was cooking for a man for the first time. At the beginning, she was too focused on finally eating something delicious, but then slowly she realized, how this situation looked like. The man was taking a bath, while she was preparing dinner. Like her parents at home. Like a married couple.

"Please, (Y/N)...just think about the recipe...", she whispered annoyed and gave a short glance to the bathroom, which still was closed. Sure, he was completely relaxed, careless, while thinking about anything, than such a moment.

"He sure didn't even know how a couple act or life together..", she thought and the next moment remembered his seductive behavior torwards her.

"Maybe only the perverted ones..", she whispered, while finally getting everything inside the pot. (Y/N) couldn't wait to finally eat. She felt excited, after smelling the familiar scent of the stew. The smell, which always greeted her, after she got back home. In an instant, it gave her a sweet warmth, like an lovingly embrace.
And again, she didn't notice his presence, because of having her head in the clouds. Completely unaware, that he was already finished and observing her excited form from afar.

Leaning against the wall, while crossing his arms over his chest, Dark watched the scene before him with mixed feelings. She was in a good mood. Happy. Even, if their time was running. Watching her silently, he was deep in thought. She wouldn't be able to get back for at least 6 months. It didn't surprise him that people of Hyrule were abdonend her out of fear. They always act out of their instincts, than thinking beforehand. Nevertheless, it was making her rescue complicated.
If she would be able to keep herself hidden at his home, there was maybe a chance to help her. But would she be able to stay that long? And what about his duties?

"I have to go back or else they would come here.", Dark thought stressed.
Beside that, he had to meet the lord of evil Ganondorf and explain the incident at the border.  What if he wasn't able to come back? The thought of leaving her behind felt kind of sad. A feeling he often had to deal with, but this time it felt worse than ever. Because he felt worried and this let him get quite restless.

His look darkened. Whatever happens, she had to deal with it. Life wasn't asking, if it was okay. He always had to face the awful truth. The pain and despair. He hoped that this delicate fire, which was hidden under her uneasy facade, would help her to keep going on, even if she was on her own. She had to handle it, like he had to all his life.

"By the goddesses Dark!!!!", her sudden voice let him jump of shock as well.

"God damn it! Do you have to be so loud!", he growled pissed, while touching his chest to calm his racing heart.

"You were scaring me. I didn't notice you standing there!", (Y/N) spoke and need to calm her beating heart as well. Nervously, she turned back to her pot to avoid getting too flustered. God was this man attractive. He was just wearing a plain white shirt, the sleeves rolled up and his black pants. Simple, but fitted him perfectly. Combined with his neatly done ponytail, which gave his appearance an elegant look, he was really charming. Dangerously charming.