𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝕋𝕨𝕠 - ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕋𝕨𝕠

Morality Bites

(Scene: Outside Bucklands.)

Piper: I can't believe you get a limo and a driver and I've still got my same old car.

Prue: You have a husband.

Piper: Had a husband. I'm getting divorced remember. And how do you know you don't have a guy in this time? I mean, after all, I have a kid and an ex, you could have several.

Prue: Ex's?

Piper: No, kids. I mean, we're in the future but with no memory of the past ten years. I don't even know who my ex-husband... (A guy holding a cup of coffee bumps into someone and Piper freezes him before it spills. They look around and notice everything is frozen.)

Prue: Okay, apparently my power isn't the only one that's grown. You just froze...

Piper: Everything. What a difference a decade makes. (Leo shows up.)

Leo: What the hell are you doing?

Piper: Leo, I'm so glad you're here. I have so many... (She goes to hug him but he backs away.) Uh... what's wrong?

Leo: You know, I knew you'd do something stupid like this. You used you magic in public. What's the matter with you? Are you insane?

Piper: Uh, Leo...

Prue: Remember he thinks we know what's going on.

Leo: You wanna end up like your sister? Huh? We had an agreement. No using magic for Melinda's sake.

Piper: Melinda?

Leo: Our daughter. What's wrong with you?

Piper: Our daughter?

Prue: Wait a second, you're Piper's ex? (A woman walks around the corner and sees everything frozen.)

Woman: Witch!

Prue: Okay, what's going on here?

Piper: Prue... (They see posters saying "Rid the evil. Turn in witches".)

Woman: Over there! Witch! (Everyone unfreezes.)

Leo: Alright, hurry, we gotta get outta here before they see you.

Piper: They?

Leo: The witch hunters.

(Scene: Penitentiary. Penelope hears a door open.)

Penelope: Prue? Piper?

Nathaniel: They haven't come to visit you before. Why would they come now? They're gonna be as happy to get rid of you than I am.

Penelope: Who are you?

Nathaniel: I'm sorry. It's been so long since our last visit. Executions are a bitch to plan. Logistics, alerting the media, gathering the kindling.

Penelope: Uh, you know, I've had a lot of time to do some thinking about why I'm here.

Nathaniel: No amount of thinking will affect the outcome. Just as well been served for the crime.

Penelope: Wasn't really a big crime was it?

Nathaniel: You are truly evil. What bigger crime is there than taking a man's life?

Penelope: I killed someone?

Nathaniel: Penelope, what is this? An attempt to stay your execution? Plead insanity? It won't work. You have five hours to live. Tick tock.