Chapter 76: Familial Usher

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 76: Familial Usher

Slowing down to a stop at the open single platform station in the middle of the grassy plains out in the country, the train carrying shinobi and their fellow misfits squealed against the rails before finally coming to a stop. Then the banter of its occupants echoed out from the very moment the doors opened.

"I'm not carrying you," came the young man's voice.

"C'mon, I know you're strong enough for it," retorted Katsuragi, following right on his heel as he led the way off the train, "Besides, my leg is still asleep. Do you know how funny my foot feels right now?"

The young man turned to her, "Bend and shake it-," but was cut off.

"It feels like a staticky tv screen," said the blonde, expanding her arms into the air as though it further proved her point, "So, c'mon, help a sister out."

"Considering the fact that we've been naked in the same bed, I don't think I'd feel comfortable calling you a sister."

"Don't feel shame over it, brother," eased Katsuragi, before she got a bump from behind by Ryōbi for blocking the way off the train. Once she was off to the side, she shrugged her shoulders and stated, "Nobody'll judge if you call me it. Some guys and gals are just into that freaky stuff." When the young man continued to stare at her, she gave him a small look of confusion, "What? Why am I, of all people, getting this judgmental look from you? Need I remind you that we have both Ryōna and Haruka consistently in our company too?" When silence was still her only answer, she rubbed her cheek before flirtatiously suggesting, "Or perhaps the issue is that you'd rather call me mommy?"

"Oh, Heaven help us all," remarked the young man, letting his face fall into a hand as he tried to stifle a chuckle that resulted from his inability to keep a straight face any longer.

"If you carry me, we can make it happen," pressed Katsuragi. She pointed to him, "You could get into it," then herself, "I could get into it," and then to Yumi as she stepped off the train, "I know for sure that she could get into it, that being if you called her mommy too."

Having only heard the end of the discussion, Yumi's back stiffened up and she asked quickly, "What's happening and when is it taking place?"

Miki, following right behind Oda as they stepped onto the platform, looked over and called, "Yumi, I can't say what they're talking about for certain... but I know for fact that my pity for him suffering whatever he'll suffer during the disentanglement falls a bit lower with each exchange between the lot of you."

The young man pulled his head up from his hand, "Thanks for being a friend."

"Don't be a smartass with me," stated Miki, flapping his arm to the small crowd that was forming from the train, "You've definitely had a something-some with some of these women and you're definitely going to have several more when this is all over. My pity for you, when you've got a pillowy heaven waiting, is zilch."

"And, with a comment like that, I am definitely going to rub it in," grumbled the young man before he turned and found himself face-to-face with a bird, an emu, that stood almost two meters tall. Its long neck was craned over curiously and its big eyes studied his every motion. The surprise was so great that the young man's jaw fell and his eyes narrowed considerably as he questioned whether or not reality had been broken at some point or another.