Chapter 42: Blood Brothers

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 42: Blood Brothers (Battle Through the Streets Part I)

Vaguely remembering Oda from a few experiences in the past, Tsao quietly remarked to himself, "Ah... no wonder..." Even when the gorilla-ish shinobi pried a large piece of rubble and pitched it straight for the infiltrator's head, the tall man simply ducked and remarked under his breath, "You hate me... and rightfully so..." before turning to his youngest brother. Taking heavy breaths and unable to remove his eyes from Tsao, the young man remained completely motionless while Sato stood a short distance from him with her hands still up. The older of the three looked to the girl and mumbled, "You were on the news... Hazuki Sato?"

Feeling her throat tighten up as the menacing figure took a few steps to her, the ex-dignitary nodded her head and tried to speak. Yet, her voice came out only as a croak, "Yes..."

Having heard a fair portion of their previous conversation, Tsao nodded his head and began to try and put the pieces of the surrounding situation together. He knew that the young man and Sato were at some kind of peace, but it also couldn't have always been that way since the former's words insinuated that they fought in the past. Tsao also didn't recognize the name Murakumo from anywhere, though making contacts and utilizing them is part of what infiltrators were meant to do so he didn't really question that aspect.

Then a flash of metal caught the infiltrator's eyes and he ducked onto his stomach as three bullets whizzed by where his head once was. A voice, belonging to Shiori, cursed aloud before she called, "We can surround the bastard!"

A cooler and much more calm voice belonging to Onoda raised its volume, "Repel the infiltrators around us and advance on Tsao!"

Knowing that his comrades had sought cover after their surprise attack, getting out of sight and creeping towards more favorable angles just as he taught them, Tsao tried to place the shinobi in the surrounding situation. Then, just as Oda pitched another bit of concrete that flew too low and collided onto the side of the roof, the infiltrator put a few thoughts together. As the small bits of rubble flew over his head, the man's eyes narrowed with apparent realization.

Throwing himself up from the ground, Tsao said to his youngest brother, "I'll handle this... don't worry anymore," and made a dash to the opposite side of the roof. As a few more bullets and stone projectiles zipped just by his head and body, the speed at which the man could run only intensified onto a level above an Olympic athlete. Diving off the roof and firing a grappling wire to swing into the dark alley below, Tsao evaded the danger and rolled upon making contact with the ground. He paused to think for a moment before giving himself a resolute nod. Then he began to march towards the alley's exit, where shinobi were certainly going to be waiting for him.

Stride for stride, kick open the doors...

Then the sound of grinding metal filled the opposite end of the alley, though Tsao didn't need to turn around to know that it was his comrades. After two thumps to the ground, he could hear Lajos ask, "What's situation, boss?" as his and a woman's footsteps synchronized with the leader they adored.

"Mostly unclear," grumbled Tsao, "though, I have a faint idea."

All hands up, time's launching off course.

The woman, Tatenda, asked in a quiet but urgent voice, "Is your brother in danger?"

As they came closer and closer to the dark alley's end, Tsao mumbled, "I'm not sure, but he's joined up with that girl on the news."