Chapter 30: Perpetual Desperation

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 30: Perpetual Desperation

A soft and lulling heat began to envelop the young man as he continued to simmer in his anger. Whenever he tried to focus on what it was that enraged him so, his mind would go completely blank as the world around him continued to shift into a variety of shapes. The only thing that he could really bring himself to focus on was the fact that he was still trapped in his bed, one of his arms and both of his legs completely immobile. Hating the confinement, he let out a frustrated yell that echoed into the void.

From no particular direction in the emptiness, there was the sound of wood slamming into something while a stoic voice ordered, "Clear the futon," as a bunch of alarmed cries followed after him. If the young man concentrated enough, he could barely identify some of the voices as some of the girls. At the head were Asuka and Yumi along with Hibari, Minori, Yomi, and Ryōna. Less clearly, he could hear panicked demands for some kind of explanation from Homura and Miyabi with some additional support from Katsuragi, Murakumo, Mirai, and Imu. Despite all of the aforementioned voices and others expressing concern for him, the young man couldn't bring himself to care too much about them in that moment. All he could really know for sure was that he was unable to move and that he hated such a feeling of confinement.

Pushing the cries and yells out of his mind, the young man tried to push off the bedcovers enveloping him with his one good arm. However, as the heat around him left him lightheaded, his focus was turned toward different sounds coming from the void... strange sorts of mumbles. After a bit of thought, he bewilderedly recognized them as the girls despite the fact that he'd heard them from elsewhere just a few moments before. He slowly tried to call out, "Hey... Hey...!" only to find his voice dying out before anything else could be said. Though he could make loud noises and even yell if he wanted to, something was keeping the young man from formulating proper words.

Along with multiple panicked cries that contained his name, the boy could hear the same voice as before ask, "Where's Jasmine? He's been bleeding the whole way here... Nearly two pints, I'd wager..."

"I've got it! Sorry, I had this buried out back..."

"Alright, pass it here..."

"What? Why not me...? Look, Hanzō, I can handle-"

"Quit bickering and would one of you two just do it!"

While that exchange continued to loudly echo all around him, the murmurs in the void got closer and closer to the young man. He didn't know if he should have been frightened or... if he should have been doing something else... It wouldn't have made a difference either way. By the second, the warmth burying the young man only got heavier and heavier. There were a few faint presences that suddenly came to his mind that took all of his focus instead. As the murmurs continued to surround him, soothing and assuring him with their indistinct lulls, the young man reached out his arm and groaned, "Gram...? Gran...? What're you two... doing here...?"

"I'll handle it, Sayuri!"

"Hanzō-, give- No, damn it!"

Then, just as quickly as the presences and voices surround him, a familiar blue light suddenly shined from high above the young man's bed. The heat was gone and the murmurs had fallen completely silent. With a few blinks of clarity, he was suddenly much more aware of the space that he was in. Though he was still bound and confined to the bed with three unmoving limbs, the young man could understand the conversation taking place from somewhere nearby.