Chapter 13: Resistance

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 13: Resistance

____________________________________________________________

While the surrounding city crowd continued to scamper beside the two, the young man and Yumi continued to glare one another down as everyone else's hands teetered for their weapons. Just next to the two contending forces, Homura stared on with wide eyes in response to the young man's proclamation. The thought that he believed he had room to resist was utterly absurd and suicidal, considering the circumstances. After some silent thought, Yumi sighed, "You must be aware of the fact that you are trapped, yes?"

Keeping eye contact with defiant eyes, the young man gave a resolute nod, "I'm fully aware of it."

The distorted ice queen's eyes fell downward as she muttered to herself, "And still so resistant..." and addressed him again, "Would you prefer I kill you here and now?"

With a quick click of his tongue as thunder shook the building around them, the young man took a thoughtful breath before stating, "Of course not. In fact, if we're taking my preferences into account, I'd rather throw dirt into your eyes and make what would be my third escape from you're grasp."

Before Yumi could scrutinize him further, Homura stepped between the two and brought her hands up to the young man's head before giving him a violent shake as she growled, "But you're not going to, right? That would be stupid, right!? You definitely wouldn't do something that would result in you getting killed instead of just shutting up and coming with us, RIGHT!?"

While passersby warily took in the display and walked around them and onto the train, Murakumo poked Yumi's shoulder to rouse her attention. Once the girl turned over and gave the transformed shinobi a nod, the young man's attention was pulled from the woman shaking him to the sound of scraping metal against the ground. Once Homura released him, he turned back to the other two shinobi only to be greeted by Murakumo raising her cleaver from the ground and bumping its spine against his neck. In a low voice, she breathed out, "Do not resist. That's the only warning you'll get."

Looking between the Oni masked girl and the weapon a thumb's length away from his throat, the young man froze himself before feeling a push from Hikage. As she forcefully ushered him into the train car, she said in her monotonous voice, "It'll be better this way," and offered an unenthusiastic wave once he was in the car, "See you later."

The young man was about to push out but, upon sighting Murakumo sharply turning her head to him, remained in place as he shook in frustration. Yet, upon peeking down the aisle of the train, his face lit up a bit. He closed his eyes and let out a tired sigh before looking up to the girl standing nearly a head over him and muttered, "I'll grab a seat."

Before he could waltz off, Murakumo grabbed him by the shoulder and held him in place just as Homura commented to Yumi, "Don't hurt him."

Closing her eyes with a huff while snobbishly raising her head, Yumi muttered, "So long as he doesn't resist, there won't be a need to worry."

There was a final ring throughout the station, notifying everyone present that the train was about to depart. As people brushed beside her to squeeze onto the packed train, Homura ordered, "If you kill him, then we won't learn anything. Even if he resists, just capture him again or call us and we'll chase him down."