Chapter 56: Volatility and Severance

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 56: Volatility and Severance

April 30 – "There's a severe difference between family and blood relation."

Miyabi was caught within a strange mix of giddiness and anxiety. Though she was pleasantly smiling to herself through a mirror in her room, she knew that there was something off about the last few days. For one thing, her father had been completely ignoring her very presence during the training drills each morning and afternoon. It was terribly unusual, since he had to treat Miyabi like any other student in the first place, but he didn't turn his head to observe her even once. By itself, she wouldn't have been so much on edge and would have attributed to some kind of paranoia.

The real thing that'd put Miyabi on edge was the fact that she had no information on what he'd been up to since he confronted her a few days before. There were no questions prodding about her, the other shinobi, nor the young man. There were no accusations regarding her sabotage of the listening device nor any relationship that he would deem inappropriate. He simply showed up to watch over Hebijo Academy's drills before disappearing off to someplace else.

Figuring that a bomb of some sort would be dropped soon, Miyabi sighed and shook her head before facing the mirror. She pumped her fist and silently resolved herself to enjoy the day she would have with the young man. Whatever happened the next morning, whether it was her father revealing his knowledge of her relationship or some other obtuse thing, she would face it then.

In the meantime, the young man was having a serious argument. He pointed to a tin can of cat food in one hand and yelled, "You were fed! You didn't starve and you're being overdramatic!"

Chomubach, sitting on the table in front of him, let out a loud and lengthy, "Re-yaaaarrrrggghhh!"

"An hour!" cried the young man as he threw his hands into the air, "I was late by a single hour last night! You were just fine and you still got fed!"

"Meraaggh."

"Don't you sass me," uttered the young man in a dangerous tone of voice, tightening his grip on the tin can with violent intent, "I may have lost our last scuffle but don't even think for a second that I'm going to let you have your way now."

"Mer."

Unable to take the catty insult, the young man spiked the tin can into the ground and boomed, "SAY THAT AGAIN!"

There were a few thumps from the other side of the apartment wall followed by Sato's alarmed voice, "What the hell are you doing over there!?"

"THIS IS A DOMESTIC ISSUE!" came the retaliatory roar, "YOU'RE NOT NEEDED!"

"Mer-hern-hern~..." laughed Chomubach.

The young man rounded his finger prodded it against the cat's face, "You listen here, little shit..." before pausing in place and taking a moment to think. He then looked down to Chomubach and said, "Wait, what the hell am I arguing for. You're a cat and what I say goes."

As though she were waving a fist at the boy, the little feline raised a paw into the air and shook it with a strangely menacing aura, "Mow~..."

"Damn you and your spells," uttered the young man before he began to scratch the underside of Chomubach's neck, emitting a purr of pleasure.