Chapter 58: Coaxing and Temptation

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 58: Coaxing and Temptation

May 1 – "One must be wary of the fact that an act of seduction could accidentally bridge into the severest kind of discomfort."

Miyabi didn't get much sleep at all through the night nor did she focus very well through her spars that day. Almost everyone else in the Hebijo elite supposed that it had something to do with her father, who oversaw all of the drills that morning and afternoon as per usual. Yet, even when the spiteful man was sending glares her way, Miyabi had scarcely taken notice since she'd already mentally set him aside. To her, he was Jirō, the principal and leading figure of the academy who happened to have blood relation to her. There was nothing more and only a slight amount of discontent feelings, though those weren't so bothersome. Instead, her ailment was one much simpler and less dramatic. Causing her lack of sleep and stuttered sparring techniques was the fact that she was stuck on a question about her relationship: how would a sex life work with her particular arrangement?

Aggressively rubbing her hands through her hair and mumbling anxious gibberish under her breath, Miyabi couldn't even fully contemplate the question. To first find a solution to it, she knew it would be best to ask everyone else who was involved, especially the one who would likely be at the center of attention. But, whenever Miyabi reached to her phone to speak with the young man, she would completely shutdown and break out into even more scrambled murmurs than before. No matter how much she'd rile herself up and no matter how much she'd acknowledge the need for it to be done, the woman would always regress into a state akin to how she was with the boy before. For all the progress she showed in being calm and confident with him the prior day, she'd only become more red in the face than she ever had.

Interrupting her line of thought, Murasaki stuck her face out in front of Miyabi's in the elite's breakroom, "You're sick today, right?"

Blinking confusedly, the woman let out a yelp and collected herself. She reclined back onto the chair she was sitting on and defensively crossed her arms, "No, not at all... Perfectly fine, actually. Just mentally occupied."

"You know," called Ryōbi from the other side of the room as she collected a can of juice from a minifridge, "at first, I thought this was about your father."

"Jirō," corrected Miyabi.

The twin-tailed girl continued unabated with a slow nod, "But you've been like this since last night..." before pointing an accusing finger, "...and I recognize that shade of red."

Miyabi tilted her head to the side for a moment as she repeated, "Shade of red..." before her hands reached up to her heated face. Realizing that she must have been flushed after all of her thoughts through the day, she muttered, "Oh-," before another wide-eyed realization hit her, "Wait, you recognize it!?"

Ryōbi narrowed her eyes in a way that said she knew much more than she was ever supposed to, "I've seen that same shade on Ryōna's cheeks."

Knowing that her pride and standing as a reputable leader was at stake, Miyabi straightened herself, "Everyone's body reacts to things differently. I'm just a bit warm today... Maybe I have a cold."

Murasaki came in with a quiet, "You said you were perfectly fine thirty seconds ago."

The woman's head shrunk and her gaze was averted away, "I was lying."