Chapter 6: Casual

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 6: Casual

____________________________________________________________

On the Monday morning of April sixth, a few days after the confrontation at Hebijo academy, the young man drowsily woke up and groaned loudly into his pillow. Though he was tired from the previous couple of nights that brimmed with tool construction and preparation, he would do it all over again if it meant he didn't have to continue with his allotted activities for the day. The anxiety of knowing that the shinobi would be meeting up in a matter of hours was overshadowed by a reality check that struck every youth at some point in their life: he had to got to school, like any self-respecting Japanese citizen. More specifically, and most devastatingly, the young man would have to embark out to the most pompous and snooty private high school in the entire country.

After having taken a shower and combed his hair, the young man donned a bland gray pair of pants and tucked in a white dress shirt. After trying to stretch himself and fight the snug fit, the young man pulled over and buttoned a gray overshirt and pinned the school's diamond patch to his breast. Looking in the mirror, the young man thought he looked like a miserable old brit from the sixties, completed especially by the frameless gray loafers he had to wear. Drearily, the young man blinked at his down casted form before letting out a sigh, picking up his school bag, and popping on his brimmed glasses as he made his way out of the apartment.

Walking down the outdoor staircase, the young man found Jasmine smoking below and cringed at her taunting tone, "Heading off to enjoy yourself?"

Though he nearly voiced his disheartened attitude, the young man instead responded with equal sarcasm, "A new school year, another set of months trying to find a way to associate myself with the individuals around me. Now with the added bonus of trying to save some maidens in despair," he paused for a moment before asking, "Am I moving up in the world or is God trying to tell me something?"

Jasmine closed her eyes with a smirk, "Why not both?" before she peeked out at him with serious eyes, "About that whole maiden thing... what's your next move?"

Setting aside his feelings for the morning, the young man matched her seriousness before answering, "I've got a base idea for the plan. See, I've already provoked Hebijo and Gessen, the latter of whom contains a girl who is in a dire state: Yumi. I'd say that, if the opportunity presents itself, I'd have to go after her and do an immediate correction. But I also need to provoke Hanzō and the renegades, either of whom could have someone in even worst straits. At this point, it's a coin flip between those two options."

Nodding along, Jasmine stated, "We're lucky that they'll be meeting up to discuss their own game plan tonight. Of course, the final plan of attack will be determined by your very own four collaborators."

To her last words, the young man felt his brows heighten before he asked, "Hanzō will be there too? I thought he wasn't a teacher."

To his question, Jasmine swatted her pipe over his head before muttering, "He's not a teacher, but he's my husband and, oh, one of the schools are named after him. His word carries extreme weight with the schools, including Hebijo despite his affiliation as a good shinobi."

Wincing at the sudden flick, the young man rubbed the throbbing area on his forehead before mumbling, "Right." After recovering, he straightened himself and asked, "I didn't realize you two were married. Isn't he... older?"