Chapter 54: Faith and Hostility (Murasaki)

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 54: Faith and Hostility (Murasaki)

Not a second after the young man pressed a hand onto the girl's forehead and pulled out her distorted aspect of personality, Murasaki proceeded to shove the boy off the couch while Chomubach let out a surprised screech, "MUR-AAAAAAAGGHH!" and sent Bebeby into the air. Having been basking in what was a warm and soothing atmosphere between the two, the boy was in no position to catch himself and his head crashed into the floor with a painful thud. At the same time, Murasaki scurried over the couch's arm and proceeded to dive toward the bathroom.

After overcoming the dizzying damage to his head, the young man pulled himself up, "Ngh~..." before he spotted the retreating girl and jumped to his feet to give chase. Unfortunately, before he was even a quarter of the way there, she'd successfully entered the bathroom and locked the door. The young man threw himself shoulder-first at the door with all of the momentum that he could muster, letting out a war cry as he did so, "AAAAGGGGHHHHH!" before slamming into the stalwart door and taking a moment to seethe, "Ow..." as he crumbled to his knees.

There were a few squeaks inside the bathroom followed by a bunch of chitters that sounded similar to the Japanese language but were actually gibberish, "Doo'! Dow! Go, go! Win-or!"

Hearing the girl's panicked state, the young man began to knock on the door urgently, "Murasaki, it's me! Open the door!" The room went completely silent on the other side and no response was given. At first, the young man started to try again, "Murasaki, please! Remember, this is a correction! It can be fixed-," before recognizing the futility in a tired voice, "This won't work."

After taking a moment to think, the young man laid out his problem in full: Murasaki was in the bathroom, which had no other exits due to the layout of the apartment, and he had to get inside. Such a problem required either brute force or trickery, the easiest solution being the former. Ready to break his way through the door, the young man was about to scour the apartment to look for a heavy tool that he could use. Then he thought about the kind of life where someone didn't have a functioning bathroom door, where privacy was almost as essential as the facilities... plus, the young man wouldn't be able to afford any means of repair. Certainly, he could contact Oda but he did not want to explain to the shinobi why he felt it was necessary to smash through a door when there were other options on hand. Thus, the young man settled for using trickery.

After considering what must have been going through Murasaki's mind at that moment, the boy knew that she must have been in flight mode and would want to leave both the bathroom and apartment as soon as possible. While that would mean he would only have one shot, he did have a striking advantage in that she could be funneled into his grasp. With a tight frown on his face, the plan that'd been brewing in his head was broken into three steps: deceive, feign, attack.

Needing to let Murasaki believe that he wasn't all that bright when it came to offensive tactics, the young man proceeded to halfheartedly throw his shoulder against the bathroom door. Repeatedly and without pause, he kept calling out, "C'mon, time to open the door! Let's go, let's go! Murasaki, get out of there!" while Chomubach and Bebeby stared in confusion from the living area. Then, for the sake of further cementing the idea that he was inept at coercion, he went into the kitchen to retrieve a frying pan which he began to slap against the door by its flat end. A few marks were left but no real damage was sustained. Letting out an exaggerated breath of exhaustion, the young man muttered loudly, "This is too tiring..."