Chapter 84: Faithful Surrender [NSFW]

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 84: Faithful Surrender

May 25 – "Schemes are either petty or hilarious. Either way, off the battlefield, they're more inefficient than they are helpful."

Straightening his glasses as he ascended the elevator up to his apartment, the young man let out groan of exhaustion after what felt like an impossibly long day at school. He was expecting it to be painful, particularly since being let away on Friday was destined to build more momentum to the fall and resulting crash... but even after he braced for it, there was no negating the damage. The young man was tired, even a bit cranky, and was looking forward to some well-deserved peace followed by the usual pleasant chaos.

As the elevator doors slid open, he quickly stepped out into the hallway and made a straight march to his apartment but quickly found himself distracted by Miki sitting by his door in the hallway, chatting idly with Renka who was seated across. They cut off their discussion, a strange debate on how to properly arrange a several-course meal of varying meats at the dinner table, and the former quickly waved as he excitedly spouted, "Hey, ol' boy Ironside!" before he flinched at the resulting echo in the hallway.

Wincing a bit at the volume, the young man waved back as he stood by them, "I'm not old."

As Renka immediately picked herself up from the floor and nodded a quick greeting to him, Miki threw his arms up to do the same before his eyes widened. He pushed against the wall before making a funny face and shaking his foot around uncomfortably. After a few seconds, he looked up to the young man, "My leg's asleep..."

Extending his hand down to help Miki into a standing position so as to better shake his leg awake, the boy quickly asked in return, "Please, tell me that the two of you weren't waiting outside my door all day like a couple of lost puppies."

Renka's eyes immediately narrowed as she shook her head to deny any scrutiny, "I only came out here fifteen minutes ago because I heard a door open and he was out here."

Miki, in turn, mirrored her expression while shaking his head, "And I overestimated how quick you would be here and came out to wait about twenty to twenty-five minutes ago. Sato's my alibi. She stayed in her room, playing on her phone, I stayed on my couch, watching TV. Chomubach found a way in so she can vouch for me too."

In the face of the barrage of words, the young man tried to cut him off toward the end, "Right, right-, yah, yah, yah, yah!" but found himself shutting up to listen to the last few details. He then nodded his head, "Simply saying 'no' would have worked."

"And allow you to make a few wisecracks to stroke your ego?" asked Miki before he groaned a long and drawn-out, "Su-u-ure~!"

"Fine, the round is yours," rumbled the young man.

"Damn right, it is."

The young man then turned his head to Renka, "How's your temporary dwelling? Any word from Oda on your dream home?"

Renka shrugged her hands up exaggeratedly while babbling with some mock anger, "Well, a-ppar-ent-ly an apartment with a steam bath, steam room, jacuzzi, volleyball court, basketball court-, it's important that there's a room dedicated to each of these, by the way-, restaurant, shrimp bar, servant's quarters, and a defensive cauldron of boiling hot oil for unwanted visitors won't be able to work with our current budget... but..." before dropping her façade and stating unremarkably, "...he said he's found a place and will have professionals inspect it. He said it should be cleaned by Friday and move-in ready Saturday."