Chapter 37: Craving Acceptance (Murakumo)

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 37: Craving Acceptance (Murakumo)

While Oda was letting out a long groan mixed with confusion and exasperation, Katsuragi huffed a breath of hot air out of her nose before loudly asking, "Would one of you two mind telling the rest of us what happened here?"

"Something spectacular..." mumbled the young man with narrowed eyes and a dull look on his face. While still rubbing the side of Murakumo's head, which was comfortably laid atop his lap, he continued in a low voice, "Even by your guys' standards, something spectacular..."

With Sato securely being held onto Oda's shoulder, all of the still transformed shinobi who gave pursuit returned into the alley to find Miki pinning down Takatsukasa. Keeping an armed wrapped around the significantly bigger student's neck and twisting an arm behind his back, the brunette looked up and stammered, "I didn't start it! I swear on my life!"

Trying to take in a breath to push himself back up, Takatsukasa grumbled, "What're you... two going on about now...?" before collapsing back to the ground as Miki's grip tightened.

Letting her jaw drop as her eyes took on a dazed look, as though she'd been struck on the back of the head, Homura slowly pointed a finger down to the interlocked boys and asked, "Would either of you... please... care to explain what happened there?"

"It wasn't my mouth!" cried Miki before he nodded his head over to the young man, "He's the one who was heard!"

"Some friend you are," grumbled the young man, "throwing me under the bus..."

"Who's here...?" called Takatsukasa as he tried to lift himself again, causing the arm around his throat to tighten, "I need help... I'm being attacked...!"

Homura flattened her hand before clapping it against her thigh while giving her other foot a small stomp, "What happened!?"

The young man sighed before stating, "We were talking, the situation with Murakumo came up, I mentioned shinobi and my nearly dying," and then proceeded to wave his hand to Takatsukasa, "then this guy decided to take a stroll down the wrong alleyway... or something. I don't know what brought him here." Giving his shoulders a bit of a shrug, the young man finished, "Either way, he overheard us, started asking questions, and then said he'd call one-one-nine for Murakumo with no intention to listen to us. Miki did something spectacular and... here we are."

"Who's here!?" yelled Takatsukasa as he struggled to move with the smaller boy resting on his back.

Oda recalled the fact that it was the young man's chattering, with the girls' mixed in, that gave him away as an infiltrator in the past. But, pushing off the thought of educating everyone on how to check their environments before speaking, he was about to set down Sato to deal with the restrained civilian. Yet, just as Oda recalled something, Hibari strutted forward and innocently kneeled beside Takatsukasa to murmur, "Sorry... I really don't want to do this at all..." before she promptly walloped him in the side of the head with the intention to render him unconscious.

Much to her surprise, he was still very awake and let out a yell before twisting his head up, "MIKI, YOU DICK!"

The brunette flinched, "Wha-," before crying out, "What'd I do!?"

Angrily rocking his body back and forth, Takatsukasa growled, "You know what you did...!" before resigning himself back to the ground, "dickhead..."