Chapter 33: Sucker Punch

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

Chapter 33: Sucker Punch

Waking up just past noon, Murasaki drowsily lifted her head from her sleeping bag and mumbled in her half-asleep state, "I miss my bed..." Stretching herself out like a cat, she was about to lay back down before the memory of her conversation with the young man flared in her head. Then, after Murasaki recalled the fact that she was supposed to meet him after school with her four rivals, she stood up on quaky knees and scratched at her scalp as her eyes began to widen with anxiety. Just as the girl's lips were beginning to quiver, Imu called from the stairs leading up to the young man's apartment, "Murasaki! Come get lunch."

Just like that, she had an opening to put the issue off. Even if Murasaki only had a few hours before her meeting, she needed time to properly prepare herself... though, she nearly jumped out of her skin when she checked her phone and found that it was a little bit past two. Without any hesitation, she made straight for the stairs to eat a quick meal before her departure to go meet the young man. She panickily scampered up the steps and rushed to the door of his apartment, only to find Haruka sitting just beside the entrance with her head hanging in a depressed manner. Murasaki was about to question it until Imu grabbed the girl's arm and yanked her into the apartment.

"Yozakura and Yomi did what they could with the fridge's contents," stated Imu with her eyes emotionlessly looking toward a platter covered by paper towels as it rested on the counter, "It may not suit your tastes but just eat it... it's still warm."

Murasaki's face was immediately filled with suspicion. But, when her sister gave her the nod, she began to slowly trek forward. As though she were an urban explorer about to uncover a dusty chest full of treasures from the last age, Murasaki approached the counter and reached out an unsteady hand to remove the paper towels. She grasped the soft material and rubbed it between the ends of her two fingers before swiftly removing it. Awaiting her underneath was a stack of egg sandwiches smothered in chili sauce. Murasaki immediately covered them up again and made to retreat before Imu knabbed her arm again, "Where do you think you're going?"

Murasaki said in a low and level tone that conflicted with her usually soft and timid voice, "Out for pizza... I'll be fine without... those..."

"Don't be silly," threatened Imu in an equally low voice, "Sit down and eat."

"Sister... you are precious to me," groaned Murasaki before she turned her head around with a disgusted face, "but you're going to make me do something that we're both going to regret..."

Without blinking, Imu released her sister. Before any more words could possibly be exchanged, she proceeded to crack her knuckles. Imu took a single thundery stomp toward Murasaki before growling, "Then I'll make you sit down."

Outside by the tents, Hikage was taking a bit of time to relax and ponder how the day would go. She thought about whether things would be peaceful or explosive and, when she tried to dwell on the details, found herself getting exhausted by the whole process. With little consideration, the green-haired girl decided to take a nap to relax her head. At the same time, Mirai approached her lying form and gave a soft kick to her side, "How long are you going to be sleeping for?"

"Too much time thinking," murmured Hikage in her monotone voice.

"What about?" asked Mirai, who bent her knees and lowered herself down to listen. For her, it was a rare occasion to find Hikage dwelling on an 'exhausting' situation all by herself.