Chapter 16: Onward

Heart of the Infiltrators

(Senran Kagura x Male Reader)

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 16: Onward

____________________________________________________________

When Asuka came to, her face was buried deep into the infirmary bed and its blankets. Wobbly and thoroughly dizzy, she lifted her head with a pained moan as a crick stung throughout her neck before surveying the room. Almost everything appeared to be the way it was, save for the fact that she found the young man scrunched up and unconscious on the cold floor with some blankets trailing off the bed. Part of her wanted to scream in embarrassment when she saw that he was still very naked before she was compelled forward to unwillingly launch herself headfirst like a missile and collided her head into his before crumpling down to the floor with a groan.

Asuka raised her hands to her head, "Ow, ow, ow," and questioned why she lost complete control of herself as she could hear the young man rasping beside her as he came to consciousness. Once she fully recovered from the blow, Asuka turned back over to face him, "Are you ok-" but stopped mid-sentence when she saw his agonized form. The young man's chest and abdomen were convulsing rapidly up and down on the floor while he was scratching at his throat with every hack and heave a desperate attempt to try and breath. After a few seconds of horrified observation, Asuka shot up and clung her hands to his arms to pull him up. Once he was barely on his feet, she wrapped her arms around his waist, balled up a fist over his stomach, clasped her free hand over it, and proceeded to repeatedly heft her fist upward. After a few tries, the young man finally got out a cough before a revolting glob of spit and vomit flew from his mouth and splattered onto the floor.

He quietly shivered in Asuka's arms after having cleared the blockage and took heavy breaths as the ordeal came to its end. Once he had gotten enough air, he gave a raspy, "Thank you..." and began to pull away.

But Asuka brought him backward and sat him down onto the bed before asking, "Are you okay?"

Passing a tired glance to her worried hazel orbs as they continued to stare at him, the young man strained a hand into the air before muttering, "Yeah... Yeah, I just need a minute and I'll be ready to move."

Despite his assurances, Asuka sat beside him and rubbed him on the back a few times, a gesture he offered no resistance to. After a few seconds of the soothing sensation, he turned over to her with a weak but thankful smile, which she reflected with her own grin of assurance and gratitude. Then her eyes trailed downward and her face flushed a heavy red. When the young man realized his nakedness, his hands shot to one of the blankets nearby to cover up himself up while his face blanked out with a tint of red. The two averted their eyes from one of another and, before the silence could get any more awkward than it was, Asuka stumbled out, "So, so...," before clearing her throat, "So why do you wind up choking like that? It happened yesterday too, right?"

Keeping his voice level with a bit of tenseness seeping through, the young man answered, "Eh... it's a bit complicated but... in short, while my consciousness was in your mind to work things out, my body was left on its own and could only rely on basic reflexes and activities to keep alive. By the time I came back, a lot of saliva and gunk built up in the throat. So... there's that."

Unknowingly bringing her own hand up to massage her neck, Asuka let out a quiet, "Yeesh... that's rough," and turned over to him worriedly, "So... you have to do that after every correctional process?"