Backstory

Monday, August 18, 1980: The high pitched screams of Sophie nearly bursted Jenkins's eardrums. She was giving birth to her seventh child and Jenkins impatiently waited outside of her room. Jenkins had a horrible temper and mannerisms when it came to muggles and Sophie. The white walls matched the tiles and made the hospital unnecessarily bright in his opinion. With the constant scent of blood filling the building, his hunger was beginning to affect his frustration. He paced back and forth until he heard the cries of a baby, stopping him in his tracks. Without waiting for the nurse, he burst into the room and immediately went to the baby. Knowing to be extremely gentle, he held the baby as it squirmed and cried. Seeing the baby's red eyes and silver hair brought a small smile to Jenkins's face but it was soon gone when he realized his baby was a girl. He didn't bother hiding his disappointment.

          'Sophie's already dead so this will have to do,' he thought.

          "Sir! Your wife!" the nurse yelled over the baby's cries, interrupting his thoughts.

          "What about her?!" he hissed.

           "She's dying!" she cried out in disbelief.

          "So? She served her purpose. This baby is all I needed," he growled.

          "Sir?!" she nearly screamed.

          "Take care of it. She isn't my problem anymore," he said dismissively.

          "I-" she stuttered.

          He left the room with his baby girl before she could say anything further. Finally, one of his children has it, the vampire genes, just like him. As he passed the baby to a doctor in a secluded hallway, they nodded their heads in acknowledgement towards one another. After killing six of his previous children that did not inherit his abilities, his seventh child was all that mattered now. He snickered at the nurse referring to Sophie as his wife. She was finally out of the way now that she was dead and she ended up being useful by finally birthing a successful child. He smirked with awful thoughts of further torture until a man walking by caught his attention. This man was so loyal to his wife that he was carrying balloons and flowers on the way to a hospital room. With the excitement of grooming his baby, he almost forgot about his violent hunger. Almost.

          'Perfect,' Jenkins thought as he licked his growing fangs.

          The doctor that took the baby girl from Jenkins was a pureblood wizard in disguise. For years he worked as a doctor to deliver magical families' babies of Death Eaters. Only months prior, he also delivered Draco Malfoy. He took the baby to the others and made a 'tsk' noise when he finally put her in her bed.

          'He didn't even name her. Typical. I have to get her information from that muggle nurse,' he thought.

          Going back outside, the doctor saw him stalking another man until they both went into the men's restroom. Already knowing what was about to happen, he followed them into the bathroom and set up charms to prevent any intrusion from these filthy muggles. Jenkins wasted no time to feed on the muggle he was stalking. The flowers were strewn throughout the bathroom floor and the balloons bounced against the ceiling until they were settled.

          "Jenkins, you didn't name her," the doctor said, unable to watch the feeding.

          Jenkins gulped loudly and dropped the muggle's body without care, "I have a name."

          "Well?" he said impatiently, growing annoyed with the mess he left.

          "Sophie. Sophie Pendragon," Jenkins replied with a sneer.

          The doctor raised his eyebrow and left without another word. Jenkins wiped the blood off his face and left the cleanup to the muggles to take care of. He walked to the window to see his baby girl among the other babies.

          "Disgusting Dragon. Sophie could have raised you but now the burden is on me. I'll make sure you live up to my name and to serve the Dark Lord. If it wasn't for my brother, this would have been done so much sooner. Nevertheless, you'll be useful to me, unlike your filthy mother. Maybe one day, you'll be as powerful as me," Jenkins said in hopes his daughter would hear through the glass.

          He leaned back on the hallway wall and crossed his arms. Still staring at his daughter through the glass, he began scheming every plan to ensure her survival.