Chapter Eleven: Day One

In the morning, I changed into my uniform and brushed out my silver hair. Hannah offered to put my hair into two braids and I let her. She and Susan weren't afraid of me and we were looking forward to classes today. I got my school things and put them in my bag with my tablets. The three of us went into the Great Hall and started to eat breakfast. We were a bit lost on how to get to our classes today and I noticed many people trickling in.

          "Good morning," Cedric greeted and sat at the table beside ours.

          The girls giggled, "Good morning, Cedric."

          I rolled my eyes and Cedric noticed I didn't greet him. He stood up and leaned over me to look at my schedule.

          "Morning, Sophie. Do you need help?" he asked.

          "Hi, Cedric. I'm okay, thank you though," I said.

          "We're lost," Susan blurted out.

          I made a face at her, "We would've figured it out."

          "I can show you the way. I have class not far from yours," he said and smiled.

          "Lucky us," I said snarkily and stuck my tongue out at him.

          "You sure you're a Hufflepuff?" he asked playfully.

          Despite knowing that he was being playful, it still offended me. I huffed and collected my things. Stuffing everything in my bag, I put a green apple in my mouth and left the Great Hall without Susan and Hannah. I could overhear them apologizing to Cedric and they told him that I wanted to be in Hufflepuff because my mum was and that she died giving birth to me. He felt embarrassed and remorseful but I was still upset. Without paying attention to where I was going, I walked into Fred and George.

          "Oh? You alright?" Fred asked.

          I bit into my apple again and looked down, "I am. Sorry."

          "You seen Cedric? It's his birthday," George said and tucked my hair behind my ear.

          I blushed and swatted his hand from my ear, "He's in the Great Hall. Can you two help me? I'm lost."

          "You're red," George smirked and bent over to lean into my face.

          "Where are you going?" Fred asked, annoyed and pulled George backwards.

          "Uh, Transfiguration," I said and finished my apple, tossing it into a trash bin.

          "Oh, right by our class. We can show you," George said and took my hand.

          I turned red and he led me to my class. George messed my bangs before he left and Fred was even more annoyed. I felt bad that I was mean to Cedric on his birthday and sat in the classroom alone. I took a tablet and noticed a cat sitting on the teacher's desk. She felt familiar and I could read her emotions. She was studying me. Sighing, I went through the textbook and looked at my schedule again. I had potions after this class and then lunch.

          "Hey, Sophie," Draco said and sat at the desk next to me.

          "Hi, Draco," I said without looking at him.

          "So, you're a vampire?" he asked, clearly interested.

          "Half vampire. Like I said," I said, a little annoyed and glanced at him.

          "We have met before, haven't we?" he asked again.

          "I don't know. Maybe," I said, growing anxious.