flashback: the dueling club

Ms. Norris, who is Filch's cat, had been petrified. Nobody knew what had happened or who had done it. However, rumor had spread that the potential heir of Slytherin, which has been assumed to be Harry Potter, had been the one to petrify Filch's cat.

Amara put her thoughts to the side and headed to dueling club.

"In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works." Professor Lockhart stated, talking to everyone in the room. Amara rolled her eyes, knowing how full of shit the man is.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him, never fear." Professor Lockhart spoke. How obvious could this man be?

The professors dueled, but Professor Snape seemed to win. Amara and Draco smiled at each other, proud of their Head of House.

Professor Snape then suggests a duel between Harry and Draco. Amara sighs, knowing where this is going. Draco scoffs, looking at Harry with pure hatred. Amara gulped watching the two enemies duel it out.

As the duel goes on, Draco casts a spell to make a snake appear. However, the snake seemed to target another student. Harry began to talk the snake down. Amara, not knowing her own capabilities, decided to talk the snake down as well. She was scared that Harry didn't know what he was doing.

As Amara talked to the snake, "Stop. You don't want to hurt them." Amara noticed that the entirety of the student population had been watching, and even the professors were stunned with what they were seeing, but Amara didn't understand.

As Professor Snape got rid of the snake, he never broke eye contact with Amara. Not once.