flashback: flourish and blotts

"Next is...Flourish and Blotts." Amara looked down at her school list. Her brother and father accompanied her as the twins looked for school supplies. Amara thought of this as fun, but Draco seemed to be miserable, until he looked at the newest broom for sale. 

"In here. Come on, you two." Lucius opened the door to Flourish and Blotts, coming face to face with the Weasley's. Amara drew a quick breath, knowing that her father hated Arthur Weasley with a passion. Though she didn't understand the depth of his hatred, she did know his capabilities as a wizard. Lucius was not someone you'd want to mess with.

"Huh, well if it isn't Harry Potter," Draco scoffed, "Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page!" Draco looked at the group with unfiltered hatred. Amara stood back, making no eye contact whatsoever.

"Leave him alone, Draco." Amara finally spoke, sick of her brother's evil monologue, "You're giving me a headache with all this nonsensical drama."

"Now, you two, play nicely." Lucius cut in, "Mr. Potter, Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last." Lucius and Harry shook hands, the two making odd eye contact. Amara gulped, as she watched her father inspect Harry's lightening bolt scar on his forehead. Amara shifted uncomfortably where she stood and began to look away from the scene before her.

By the time Amara focused back on the situation, all she had heard was the loud call of her father, "Amara, Draco...we must be leaving now." Draco left immediately, as Amara stood before the Weasley's, Harry, and Hermione.

"I'm so sorry, you guys. I really mean it." Amara spoke low enough for the group to hear. She gave an apologetic smile before opening the door and following after her brother, leaving Harry and his friends shocked and bewildered.