Chapter 2

"Max!" I whisper shouted.

He signaled for me to open the window and let him in. Apparently he had climbed the tree in my garden which was conveniently placed beside my window.

I slid open the window and waited for him to come in. After he got in, I closed the window and stayed silent..

He walked to my side and hugged me tightly. If it was meant to make me feel better, it made me feel worse because it felt warm and nice... It felt like Adam's hugs.

I burst out crying again, this time in Max's arms. He hugged me even tighter..

"Shhh its alright," he whispered into my ear.

"W..w..why d..did yo..you come?" I asked between sobs.

"I was worried. Alaska, Rosanna and Lilacia was worried too. They asked me to come here because their parents won't allow them to.. So here I am," he pulled away from me and sat beside me on my bed.

I sighed and wiped off my tears, "my parents will kill me if they find out you're here.."

"Well I won't leave until you reply all our texts and plus, its already 11 pm why would you parents come to check on you?"

"My brother might.." I mumbled.

He just stared at me then picked up my phone, "what's your password?"

"Not telling," I chuckled slightly.

"Well then..." He shoved the phone in my face, "unlock it."

"Nope. Look, I promise I'll reply them. Please just go," I sighed.

The emotion in Max's eyes softened. Then he reluctantly nodded. He made his way to my window and climbed out. Then he disappeared.

I quickly rushed towards my window and whisper shouted, "MAXIMILIAN MENDEZ!"

"What?" He whispered.

"THANKS!"

He smiled and walked towards his house which was just a few houses away.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through all my texts. I decided to call Alaska. When she picked up...

"YOU BITCH. WHY DIDNT YOU ANSWER MY CALLS OR MESSAGES?!!!" she screamed into her phone.

I literally had to move my phone away from my ear a good 15 cm distance.

"Girl, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to talk to anyone.."

She softened her voice and I imagined her sighing and shaking her head, "don't scare me like that ever again.."

"I'm gonna call Ro and Lilac after this," I said.

"Good. I don't want to have to send Max over to your place again. Plus, it was hard for him to sneak out of his house," she replied.

"Hmm? He wasn't meant to leave?"

"Nope. He had to ninja out of his own house. For you," Alaska sniggered.

"Dude.. No..."

"Sorry. Anyway you should call Lilac first. She's even more panicky than Ro. And you know her... Good luck not going deaf," she laughed.

"After your scream I think I can handle Lilac," I smiled.

"Meanie. Anyway see ya tomorrow in school, byeee."

"Bye Alaska!"

I hung up and sighed. Okay now for Lilacia and Rosanna.

Before I could key in Lilac's number, my phone buzzed indicating a call coming in. What a coincidence. She called me.

I picked up and waited for her scream.

"Fucktard." Was all she said.

"Look, Lilac, I'm sorry. I just had to be alone for a while you know?"

"Yeah. But next time tell us you want to be alone. You have no idea how worried we all were," the tone of her voice made me feel guilty inside.

"Sorry."

"Its okay.. Oh um you don't have to call Ro. She's with me right now. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaai! I love you Heatherrrr!," Ro's voice blasted into the mic.

I grinned, "hey Ro."

"Feel better alriiggghhhtttt?" Her voice sounded again.

"Yeah. See you guys tomorrow. Bye," I said.

"Byeee," both Ro and Lilac said in unison then they hung up.

I'm grateful for my friends. But tomorrow was a school day. What am I going to do.. Adam will be there..

Switching off the lights, I got into bed and lay down once again. I stared at the ceiling till I fell asleep.

"Heather! Heather I'm sorry! I made a mistake. Please take me back. I love you!" Adam cried out.

I wanted to accept his apology. But something else was controlling me. Controlling my mind. My heart screamed to let him be mine again but my mouth..

"No. I loved you. But I don't anymore. If you truly loved me you wouldn't have let me go," I said firmly.

My brain started to hurt. It was as if my heart and my brain were fighting so control one another.

"Heather please... I love you."

I wanted to reply. But before I could open my mouth...

RIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGG.

My eyes flew open and I quickly sat up. My head hurt really badly. I tried to stand up by my body ached so badly. And it felt really hot...

Was I having a fever? I slowly dragged myself to the toilet even though the ache was bringing my body down..

I fell. I fell on the floor.

"Heather!" My elder brother gasped.

He carried me back to my bed and checked my temperature.

"Sis, you're having a really high fever.. 39.7 degrees celsius," he widened his eyes.

I groaned. My head hurt. It hurt so badly.. I felt like just stabbing myself and forgetting the pain.

"I'm gonna get mum. You stay here," he said.

I can't really go anywhere...

All I saw was my mum rushing in as my eyes slowly began to close. Slowly... Slowly....

I blacked out.