Chapter 9

I clung onto Max like a helpless koala bear. The spirit was going to jump out any minute I could feel it.

Even Max was under the blanket trying not to scream.

"Why did we choose a AHHH," I screamed as the spirit jumped onto the screen.

I almost died.

"Can we stop.." I whimpered.

"Noooo I wanna see how the spirit kills the girl," he said shakily.

I stared at the screen then held up the blanket to my face but leaving it just below my eyes so I could see.

I ended up sleeping with my head on his shoulder and me still holding onto the blanket.

A while later I was awoken by Max's sudden movement, I think he was trying not to wake me up and by jumping but even that woke me up.

"Sorry oh my gosh, go back to sleep," he looked really flustered.

"Nah," I took the TV remote and turned off the TV.

"Oh your mum brought your stuff when you were asleep, they're in my room now."

"Okay thanks."

I made my way to his room and just lay down on his bed checking random social medias. Instagram, Snapchat, twitter, Facebook (does anyone use that anymore?) And so on..

Just when I was liking pictures on instagram, I got a call from Alaska. The moment I picked up, she was crying.

"Woah Alaska what's wrong?"

"I... I...."

"What is it...? You know you can tell me anything," I gently said.

"I had sex with Eunjik.. I don't know if there was protection. I was drunk and i dont know... I'm scared, Heather. I'm really really scared," she sobbed.

"Shhh its okay. Calm down. You're not on your period right?"

"No..."

"Then it should be fine. Did it just end?"

"Yeah," she sounded a little more relieved.

"That's good. Hey don't worry about it okay?" I reassured her.

"Okay.. Thanks Heather," she sobbed a little bit less.

"Hey I got to go now, I'll text you later okay?"

"Mmkay.. Bye."

I clicked the end call button and saw Max standing at the door.

"Dinner out or in?"

"Anything.."

"Out it is then. I'm paying this time," he glared playfully at me.

"Fine fine. Now let me get changed," I shooed him out.

We went to McDonalds to eat. For some reason.... Everything reminds me of Adam.

After school, our usual hang out place was at McDonalds. Like we would go there and just buy a snack to eat then finish homework or talk about random things.

Then after that, I would go to his house and just hang around and then I would go home. It may not seem like much but the presence of him just made me feel better especially when I was sad.

Sometimes he would randomly grab my hand and hold it or kiss my cheek. Small little acts like that make my heart flutter and it immediately gets rid of any negative feeling I might have.

It was those sweet things he did that made me love him and of course other things. But yeah.

I have no one to talk to.. Everyone thinks they are helping by saying "get over it" or "don't worry he'll get what he deserves" but none of these help. None of them.

No one truly has that advice that will help me get over Adam. And I admit. I was desperate. To be honest I would say yes without a second thought if he wanted to get back together.

But he wouldn't.. He lost feelings for me, why would he want me back. I didn't want to cry. I knew I shouldn't.

The only way for me to truly get over him was to forget everything that had happened. But.. I didn't want to forget, I don't want to let go. I wanted everything to be fresh in my head as if it had just happened.

I want to remember everything except the breakup. But its hard, every time I thought about it, the breakup just comes back.

I want him back. But.. He won't want me back..

He will never want me back.

And it hurts.