A black heart

Moments later, L is sitting in his chair, looking at the image of one of the hidden cameras.

There he sees that Misa sees Light again.

She runs to him and flies into his arms and rests her head on his chest.

L lets out a deep sigh.

"Light...I'm so glad to see you again!". "It was so awful".

"What?...what was awful?".

Misa looks at him with tears in her eyes: "Ryuzaki asked Matsuda if he wanted to put me in a cell...he did and then Ryuzaki told me he knows I'm the second Kira" she sobbed.

Light grinds his teeth.

Misa...what an idiot you are.

But instead of getting mad at her and calling her stupid, Light puts on a fake smile: "Ah, Misa...it'll be all right."

"D...do you think?" she stutters.

Light chuckles: "Yes Misa...and before you know it I am the god of the world and you are my beautiful goddess".

"Oooh Light" she beams: "I'll be your beautiful goddess...and when we're 20 I'll be your beautiful bride and you be  mine  handsome groom...we're going to get married in one of the most beautiful churches..and we'll have beautiful children together...and we're going to name them after beautiful photo models". And she claps her hands happily.

"Um...yes...of course my baby". And Light can see thousands of little stars in her eyes when Light  calls her that.

"Baby?...you called me your baby...oh...Light-Kun...I love you so much". And hugs him nicely.

Light can hardly breathe and is more than relieved when Misa lets go of him.

Then Misa looks at her new watch: "Oh...I see it's almost time for the shooting of the romantic movie in which I play the lead". "A rich fashion model is going to do my hair and make-up" she laughs.

"Oh...that's very nice," he lies. He hugs her again and then chuckles falsely straight into the camera lens.

And L sees that.

L grinds his teeth and glares at him.

Poor Misa and she doesn't realize she's only being used by him because she's the second Kira and can perfectly help him get what he wants.

Then Misa says goodbye to Light and happily hops outside.

Light breathes a sigh of relief when Misa is gone.

"Oh my god...Misa is such a bitch!".

"Hm?...did you say something Light?".

Light looks up and sweat breaks out on his forehead when he sees Matsuda standing there in the hallway.

Just now no one was standing there and he was able to talk to Misa about his Kira goals.

He swallows a big lump in his throat and gets redder and redder.

"Um...I said I like the weather".

"Oooooh...aha.....hahaha" laughs Matsuda: "Yes...you're right about that...it's great weather outside".

Light shows his teeth awkwardly.

"Yeah...hahaha" he laughs uncomfortably. And he laughs until Matsuda turns the corner and is gone.

When Light is sure that Matsuda is really gone, he breathes a sigh of relief.

"Well...that was lucky Light" Ryuk laughs.